$15.08

greenfreak

Ku'u, you have seperate accounts too, huh? :)

Rusty has a checking account that his paycheck gets direct deposited to and he uses that to pay our bills.

I have my checking account that my paycheck gets direct deposited to and pay some of my bills and the rent.

Then we have a savings account which we both contribute to but it's under my name.

I can live with this arrangement. :D

kuulani

greenfreak said:

*nods* everyone needs separate accounts!
*shudders to think what would happen if we didn't*

I have my own checkings & savings, and so does the hubby. We both supposedly put in some $$ each month into a joint savings, sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. :D

Aunty Em

kuulani said:
greenfreak said:

*nods* everyone needs separate accounts!
*shudders to think what would happen if we didn't*

Joint accounts suck, especially when the bank assumes that the guy controls it... I would never tolerate that.

greenfreak

fury, you should really get an account after you get your first paycheck whether it be only savings or both savings and checking. Many of them have a minimum limit on them or else they'll charge you a fee per month but you could probably find a bank that won't.

Getting your checks cashed might be a little difficult unless the bank they're drawn from is closeby which is probably the case. But now that you're working and your dependant on your car to get there, it might be a good idea to have a nest egg in case something goes wrong with it and you need to pay to fix it.

I just really think this whole thing is cool. Our fury in the working world. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
:eek:

I have had a joint account with my mom since I was like 12 and my very own account since I was like 16 or 17...

alex

fury said:
I can't get a savings OR checking account without being 18. :crying3:

WHAT? Checking I could understand, but I would think just about anyone could get a savings account :confuse3:

Thanks for the dance Kuu, love the bra :D

HomeLAN

*Thinks about suggesting that trusting your partner with your money is part of the point of marriage, decides not to...*

Aunty Em

HomeLAN said:
*Thinks about suggesting that trusting your partner with your money is part of the point of marriage, decides not to...*

*was going to reply to the unvoiced suggestion that I would NEVER trust ANY man with MY money whether I was married to him or not. I prefer to control my own finances, as I've never been involved with a man who wasn't financially irresponsible... :)

greenfreak

HomeLAN said:

*I ain't married yet*

*but after 4 years, I think I could trust him with money so it'll probably happen when we make it official one of these days*

We discussed this in length when we moved in together because paying of bills would be weird. We just divvied up which bills get paid by whom and were done with it.

There are times where he spends money on 'luxury items' which I probably wouldn't have. That's where this comes in handy because it's not coming out of *our* money, it's coming out of *his* money that *he* earns. Which makes it easier to explain the weekly trips to the garden center for me. :)

He's never needed me to give him any cash to pay bills or vice versa. We just haven't gotten around to doing a joint account yet, we probably will when we marry though.

kuulani

greenfreak said:
There are times where he spends money on 'luxury items' which I probably wouldn't have. That's where this comes in handy because it's not coming out of *our* money, it's coming out of *his* money that *he* earns. Which makes it easier to explain the weekly trips to the garden center for me. :)

Like when the hubby goes out and splurges on a zodiac on a whim ... a boat, by the way, that's just been sitting in the yard, that we haven't used yet - one that he's debating about selling already *not sure what emotion I'm supposed to be feeling about that*

Things like that are the reason we need separate accounts, we need our own play money.