$19 Billion misplaced

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
okay seems like a lot to misship.

you guys send ASNs to the insurgents to let 'em know it was coming?

No. From here to several bases in the theater. Most of the stuff 'lost' just wound up at the wrong base due to human error. Some of the stuff may be truly lost, but thats usually due to the paperwork not being signed...once again, human error. CPL Snuffy drives his truck up to the loading dock and receives his items. While Airman Jones is getting the paperwork together, CPL Snuffy drives off. It can take days to find CPL Snuffy because his unit moves a lot, this is his last load and he's about to go home, or his convoy is routed to another base.

Gato_Solo

Where in the article does it say we "found some"?

CPL Snuffy must a had a big truck to carry all those guns :)

Your source mentions 190,000 AK-47's are missing. Mine says only 110,000. You do the math. ;)

2minkey

bootlicker
i think he's probably talking about multiple snuffies. in large undershorts.

and snuffies have peepers. to see you. and me. don't forget it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'm not surprised by the lost weapons, but I'm rather surprised that the US is using russian assault rifles :lol:

2minkey

bootlicker
Your source mentions 190,000 AK-47's are missing. Mine says only 110,000. You do the math. ;)

or maybe things are so fucked up there's no accurate idea of even how much is missing, due to slush introduced into the system by corporal snuffy and his merry band of miscreants.

spike

My source says 190,000 weapons

Yours says
AK-47 rifles: 110,000
Pistols: 80,000

110,000 + 80,000 = 190,000 weapons.

You gotta slow down when you read or more stuff is gonna disappear. :laugh:

Gato_Solo

I just searched for that, and it seems there has been a long and heated AK-47 vs M16 debate among enthusiasts.

The AK is a much easier weapon to use in the field. Its almost impossible to jam, and very easy to clean. Unfortunately, the 7.62mm cartridge has only about half the range of the 5.56mm, and fires at only half the rate. The M-16A2 is not the same thing as the M16A1 used in Vietnam. The A1 was problem plagued because it entered into service with the mistaken belief that it never needed cleaning. It also fired fully automatic. Great if you have the ammo, but most magazines are 30 rounds, giving you only about 5 seconds of 'fun time'. The A2 is 3-round burst before you have to recharge. When I deploy I go out with the carbine model of the A1. Kinda hard to drive a K-loader with the full sized M16.

markjs

Banned
Most of you wouldn't care if the weapons were sold to finance your conservative agenda. But by god if Billy Boy gets a blowjob, why that's corruption that rips at the very fabric of the nation....

This place would pretty much be a conservative think tank....That is if conservatives actually thought.

Inkara1

Dude... not that many people give a shit if anyone bobbed Clinton's knob in the oval office or not. The issue is that he was in the middle of a sexual harassment lawsuit, the plantiff's counsel brought Lewinsky up to establish a pattern of behavior and Clinton lied about it under oath. That's perjury... which does, in fact, fall under the umbrella of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

markjs

Banned
The point is if any "lefty" gets involved in any scandal at all it gets blown up to monumental proportions, but when the other side fucks up there is always some rationalization or justification.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
okay seems like a lot to misship.

you guys send ASNs to the insurgents to let 'em know it was coming?

The O,S & D part of the shipping business is so intense that, as an example, 3M has a full time claims guy, with an office, at their HQ - he works for Yellow Freight. When hundreds of millions of tons of freight are moved, daily, shit happens. When you have the federal gov't as you boss, it happens more-and it has more channels to follow to get reseolved.

Gato_Solo

The point is if any "lefty" gets involved in any scandal at all it gets blown up to monumental proportions, but when the other side fucks up there is always some rationalization or justification.

Here's the point. This whole thing is about shipping and receiving. It seems that every chance you get to change a thread into something to attack the current administration you go full force into it without any knowledge of the situation other than you hate the current administration. Your tirades are getting old. Please...find another line. :rolleyes:

markjs

Banned
I know bushie poops and to you it smells like roses. You use any excuse to attack the left, so is there a difference other than you have all these yes men around to agree with you and make you feel better about your opinions?

Gato_Solo

I know bushie poops and to you it smells like roses. You use any excuse to attack the left, so is there a difference other than you have all these yes men around to agree with you and make you feel better about your opinions?

Know what? That is the most reprehensible thing I've ever seen. I have never been the one to throw the first stone. All of my responses to unfounded allegations and innuendo have always been to expose them as such. You haven't said a single intelligent thing about any topic since you've returned. All of your posts have been in the vein of "Bush's fault" regardless of whether the President has been involved or not. Same for most of the posts I tend to ridicule. When you can come up with something intelligent to say, hopefully somebody will quote you, because I won't be reading any of your :bs: from hereon out. Good luck with your rehab, and have a nice time with your future...

markjs

Banned
Aww is hims gonna take hims toys and go home because of the big liberal bully?

I don't like Bush.....Never did, and it seems I am in good company even many conservatives are now seeing the truth!

:rofl: