$19 Billion misplaced

spike

It's not just the $19 billion in guns missing in Iraq.

There's also a massive amount of oil disappearing somehow.

Between 100,000 and 300,000 barrels a day of Iraq’s declared oil production over the past four years is unaccounted for and could have been siphoned off through corruption or smuggling, according to a draft American government report.

Missing Oil Using an average of $50 a barrel, the report said the discrepancy was valued at $5 million to $15 million daily.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/12/world/middleeast/12oil.html?ex=1336622400&en=034ced4a02a3dcd3&ei=5088&partner

Woops, $5 - $15 million a day for 4 years.

spike

Don't forget just straight up disappearing cash.

The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.
The staggering scale of the biggest transfer of cash in the history of the Federal Reserve has been graphically laid bare by a US congressional committee.

In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

You're tax dollars hard at work in the war on terror :laugh:

markjs

Banned
It's not just the $19 billion in guns missing in Iraq.

There's also a massive amount of oil disappearing somehow.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/12/world/middleeast/12oil.html?ex=1336622400&en=034ced4a02a3dcd3&ei=5088&partner

Woops, $5 - $15 million a day for 4 years.

Allow me to play devils advocate for a moment.....

The NY Times? Are you kidding? That liberal tabloid? You believe that kind of yellow liberal journalism? Next thing you know you'll be posting news from the Enquirer. Why don't you stick to legitimate unbiased news agencies like Fox news? Why don't you just go spit on soldiers or do some other liberal activity like holding hands and visualizing world peace. I am sure that things in Iraq are completely under control. Good people in first rate honest coporations like Haliburton are running things! These corporations are beyond reproach! And on and on ad nauseum......

2minkey

bootlicker
Your tax dollars are being squandered by the whiney dems and their dreams of revenge and power.

at this point i think our tax dollars are being squandered by damn near everybody. chasing shadows and do-gooding on my dime. pick your flavor of squander. they all turn out the same.

spike

Yep, but making $12 billion here and $19 billion there just disappear takes squandering to a new level.

spike

Nope. That's strike two.

Strike two?

In the 3rd post in this thread the contents of your quote is in fact a link to an AP article.

The first post is simply the AP article, the second is chcr's comment. Since you quoted the link to the AP article would you mind not playing coy and telling us what your "direct response" was to if it wasn't the thing in your quotes?

If it was chcr's comment I would think you'd have quoted that instead.