4 U.S. Soldiers killed by Canada!!!

sbcanada

Dressing up dead corpses as clowns is totally mocking the dead. My animation is not an event that actually occurred.

That was just one bomb for me, a giant UP YOURS AMERICA! for all of Canada.

unclehobart

I would rather you learn even temperment and better judegement rather than cast off your rank so you can wade in the mud with the rank and file. If you would have posted it in the OT forum with the header of being a political statement I could have accepted it for what it is. Presenting it as entertainment goes beyond the bounds of good taste.

sbcanada

Maybe it's not best classified as entertainment. It was originally in the Real World forum, but I moved it here because it is not being serious. It is kinda a joke about how the American Airforce pilot acted.

unclehobart

But thats just it... You don't speak for all of Canada. Ficticious or no, real event or no, it is making light of a real event. Swapping characters about doesn't suddenly make it ok. Even a total ficticious event doesn't make it ok. Under your rules of funny I could make a flash video of Canadian elderly being tossed into a log grinder with the title of 'Canadian government solves pensioner budgeting issues'. I could call it a joke, call it funny for all non Canadians and have a piss all attitude about it. Would you stand idly by and let me do it? I think not.

sbcanada

As long as you didn't use a REAL human to throw in the log grinder, I would laugh my fucking head off to see that.

I don't care if my animation is "ok" or not. Yes, the truth hurts. Those Canadians were needlessly killed by a nervous American pilot with an itchy trigger finger. A re-enactment but with the Americans getting bombed makes it funny in my eyes, and that's all that matters. :p

greenfreak

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt in the other thread that you weren't an American-hater just because you were from Canada and you were upset about what happened but now I see that you're just an asshole.

No one will ever believe that your post was out of malice, not humor. You say you don't give a shit, and I believe you. I'm glad you're not a mod anymore-you don't deserve it because it's for people who we can respect and who care about more than just themselves or a title.

Unc, don't waste your time on this loser. Nothing will change except your blood pressure. He's not worth it.

nalani

:(

just doesn't seem right somehow .. making jokes of that nature with people who are close to it ....

it's not a "side" issue .. it's a "human" issue .. and a "life and death" issue .. and it's a really sad issue ...

G

Please calm down folks. This is OT Central. Remember that sometimes you can't let everything be taken seriously here.

If you want to get all serious, I could start editing people when they call each other an asshole. I don't believe in censorship, and unless the thread really goes to hell, I am not going get involved by throwing any weight around. Let us refrain from the personal attacks and enjoy the board.

I posted another thread as a joke. I sure hope you folks will take it that way. :eek:

greenfreak

It may not be serious to you S4 but that doesn't go for the rest of us. I like how out of everything that sb said, you pick my post to use as an example of what you would edit. I guess 'Up Yours America' isn't a personal attack to you.

sbcanada

I used to be an American hater, but after September 11th I felt sorry for them and started to like them after they were kicking some Al Quada ass. But then they go and do something stupid like this, and it just pisses me off. Most people in the world hate Americans. Why? Because they always stick their nose in other people's business. It's not the American people, but their government and its policies.

Canada sends soldiers to Afghanistan to support the U.S. led coalition, and the Americans kill them. Accident? I don't fucking care because Americans are involved in way too many friendly fire accidents. Stupidity and ignorance are to blame.

Some Americans blame Canada for the September 11th attacks, claiming "the terrorists came through Canada," when they ignorantly forget that they themselves put them through flight school.

I think that animation is funny because it shows a little Canadian payback for countless occasions of American SHIT. One more example is the Softwood Lumber dispute. America puts some 30%+ tax on Canadian lumber imports. What happened to the North American Free Trade Agreement?

Exactly, the U.S. thinks it can do whatever the fuck it wants and doesn't give a crap about anyone but itself.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh, so we're the most hated country in the world. I guess that being a refuge to people wishing to get away from an oppressive government, constantly providing aid for many other countries besides herself, ridding the world of many undesirable terrorists, and much more is quite a horrible thing to do, huh? :rolleyes:

Why don't you think about the facts for a minute. The US sticks their nose in other countries' business because no other country has the guts or the generosity to do the same thing.

Yeah, we're such a terrible country, we should be wiped off the face of the earth.

sbcanada

America wouldn't be so bad if you'd start producing products that don't suck dick, stop taxing our imports for no good reason other then greed, and stop killing your allies because of your stupidity.

Also, Canada does everything good that you stated the U.S. does. We just don't take it too far like you guys and get everyone pissed off at us.

G

Originally posted by greenfreak
It may not be serious to you S4 but that doesn't go for the rest of us. I like how out of everything that sb said, you pick my post to use as an example of what you would edit. I guess 'Up Yours America' isn't a personal attack to you.

Ok. Let me clarify my position. I am not saying there is anything funny about the cartoon, and I am not saying that I don't care about friendly fire incidents. I am saying that is only a cartoon and should be viewed as such from my point of view. I didn't bother looking for any deep meanings or try to relate it to any real incidents that took place. All I saw was a cartoon that didn't stir any emotional response from me.

I picked the asshole comment only because it was near the bottom of the thread, and it looked like that is where this thread was going. I only asked people to cool it on the personal attacks. I am not asking one person to cool it, just a general statement for everyone to chill out.

I know that some of you have deep feelings on the subject of the friendly fire incident, and I am not trying to disrespect your feelings on the matter. I don't mind if you debate the subject all you want. I certainly don't want to interfere with your right to express your opinions. Unless this thread were to break down into nothing but cursing at each other, there is not much I am going to say.

Kitty On Crack

Ok the cat is getting serious for a minute, something you may never see again. I have to admitt I am Canadian, proud to be one, but love the states. Weird to hear huh? Well, I just read all those post and I think everyone took the cartoon to seriously. Personally, cartoons are to poke fun at reality. I draw cartoons actually, and I draw things like what you just saw, not so bad, but like it. It was a joke, what sb said wasn't the smartest way to put it, or the right time to put the pic up, but think about it...I saw at it and laughed a little, cause some things are funny as long as they aren't happening to you....Sounds desturbingly wrong but how many of you laugh when a friend falls? I know I do...and you are saying it is not the smae thing, but it's not reality, it was a cartoon. Just saying I snickered a bit, and not to take everything so seriously. You only live once...so make it worth it....
meh....

ris

swut, i go for a quick kip and i've get a great breakfast present rolleyes ;)

1. not funny.

2. a quick, straw, poll of this thread finds that the majority of visitors to this thread did not find this funny either.

3. as it is therefore not funny by consensus [and as funny is a relative thing it surely comes down to the mass response], it has no place in the ents forum.

lockola

if you want to continue either of the discussions that are present in this thread [friendly fire or the nature of cartoons, which i think could be interesting] then please feel free to, but not here.