$400 per gallon

spike

The Pentagon pays an average of $400 to put a gallon of fuel into a combat vehicle or aircraft in Afghanistan.

The statistic is likely to play into the escalating debate in Congress over the cost of a war that entered its ninth year last week.

Pentagon officials have told the House Appropriations Defense Subcommittee a gallon of fuel costs the military about $400 by the time it arrives in the remote locations in Afghanistan where U.S. troops operate.

More of the article here

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/63407-400gallon-gas-another-cost-of-war-in-afghanistan-

Winky

Let em sink, they will drown

you must realize the solution is to abandon that place
let them wallow in their seventh century muck

we don't need an adoptive illiterate child country
as we plunge into a depression to rival the great
depression of the 30's

We can clean up the mess after the third world war

Read this

Altron

erm, so why is it the US's job to spend hideous amounts of money just to fight some towelheads in some desert on the other side of the world? unless we're conquering valuable property, there's no point to it

2minkey

bootlicker
tim horton's blows. though on occasion it serves as good rationale to escape family mayhem over the holidays.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
you must realize the solution is to abandon that place let them wallow in their seventh century muck

erm, so why is it the US's job to spend hideous amounts of money just to fight some towelheads in some desert on the other side of the world? unless we're conquering valuable property, there's no point to it

Leave. Yep, good idea. Just like we did after the Soviet left. Look what happened there.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
you shut yer dirty mouth!!!!

:hmm:

Why? Its only coffee. I had some, and the difference between Tim's and the dining hall is price. The only saving grace for the chain, at least here at Kandahar, is the semi-fresh Timbits that sometimes appear in the office where I work...

As for the cost of fuel here...without that fuel, we cannot cover the territory we need to fight the battles Congress has tasked us to fight. Would you rather we go on horseback, or on bicycles? :rolleyes:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
:hmm:

Why? Its only coffee. I had some, and the difference between Tim's and the dining hall is price. The only saving grace for the chain, at least here at Kandahar, is the semi-fresh Timbits that sometimes appear in the office where I work...

I can't hear you lalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalaalalal