$400 per gallon

spike

Re: $400 per gallon isn't enough!

I’d say they are doin’ a mighty fine job of
denying healthcare to those who can’t pay for it.
Keep up the good work!

Our private insurance does that but the countries with government runinsurance don't so much.

Winky

If Medicare was simply made available to all it would stabilize it substantially.

OK you have convinced me that you actually believe that.
You can stop now.
We believe you, the government can run things
better than anyone else..

next...

spike

They can also operate alongside private companies like with the post office, universities, or the public option.

Winky

Banks, the utilities, insurance companies, telecom, the mortgage industry, car companies
now the medical industry?

I don’t see why any private companies should be allowed to exist.

This issue should be decided once and for all, just let the
State run everything, it’s the way of the future.

For the Motherland!

spike

Banks, the utilities, insurance companies, telecom, the mortgage industry, car companies
now the medical industry?

The government isn't running all banks, utilities, insurance companies, telecom, mortgage industries, or car companies.

We did have a financial crisis that Bush decided we needed to prevent from getting worse and Obama agreed. So we saved the economy and prevented a lot of job losses. I realize you would prefer a deep depression and higher unemployment but most of us don't want that.

However all alarmism aside. A government public option alongside private insurance sure would help keep a lot more American's safe.

Winky

So there isn't any government regulation, interference or intervention
in the affairs of:
the banks, utilities, insurance companies, telecom, mortgage industries,
nor the car companies et al

Whew, that's a load off of my mind; all along I thought we needed them
involved in every facet of our daily lives.

I for one need for the government to have complete access
to my medical records as well as my financial data.

Once Obamacare is passed my prayers will be answered
and I can finally sleep soundly at night. [the Thought Police arrive]

spike

So there isn't any government regulation, interference or intervention
in the affairs of:
the banks, utilities, insurance companies, telecom, mortgage industries,
nor the car companies et al

Oh they saved a lot of them and a lot of jobs but "running them all of them or any or them" would be such a huge stretch.

Whew, that's a load off of my mind; all along I thought we needed them
involved in every facet of our daily lives.

Cool, I'm glad we could get back to rational discussion. :yay:

Winky

Oh goodness yes all those 'saved' 'jobs'.

Do you know the other name for a
'jobless recovery'?

spike

No, I don't need a name for that. Bush and Obama saved a lot of jobs and prevented a far worse disaster.

Winky

The government 'saved' jobs? Oh you are priceless!

It won't be until the Republicans sweep into office
in the 2010 and 2012 elections that the drive-by media
will change the name from a jobless recovery to it's real name
which is: Depression, which will be full blown by 2012.

Professur

No, I don't need a name for that. Bush and Obama saved a lot of jobs and prevented a far worse disaster.

I believe that's for the historians to decide. IMHO, all they've done is postpone the inevitable. They've robbed Peter to pay Paul, and it's going to come back on them in a terrible way. How do you propose they pay back more money than they'll make in 100 years when they couldn't balance a budget with only the (by comparison) minuscule debt they had before? Only one way ... Reduce the US greenback to pennies on the dollar and devalue the debt .... as quickly as they can before the world revalues it for them into another currency. Already foreign countries are repositioning their reserves into euros and yen. China has already positioned itself with a metal backed currency that's pretty much unassailable, and is buying Venezuelan crude with it.

spike

It won't be until the Republicans sweep into office
in the 2010 and 2012 elections that the drive-by media
will change the name from a jobless recovery to it's real name
which is: Depression, which will be full blown by 2012.

Oh you and your wishful thinking rooting for a depression. You are priceless!

Winky

It's Obama's wish and it will be granted
but it won't turn out as he 'hoped' it would.

How's that 1.4 trillion dollar deficit changing things
for ya?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They can also operate alongside private companies like with the post office, universities, or the public option.

UPS
Key numbers for fiscal year ending December, 2008:
Sales: $51,486.0M
One year growth: 3.6%
Net income: $3,003.0M
Income growth: 686.1%

USPS
The government-subsidized service faces a nearly $7 billion net loss by year's end, landing it on the government list of federal programs at “high risk” of collapse, right up there with Medicare and the 2010 census.
Newsweek

Medicare is in trouble too?

spike

USSR vs Cuba

That does not support your argument or give any logical rational to it. It be like if I said "small cars are faster than big cars. Porshe vs Minivan".

I think the fact is you can't back up your statement at all.

spike

"New York, June 19 (DPA) US stocks suffered significant declines Wednesday, after the second-largest US package company FedEx reported a loss and a financial analyst warned of more credit crisis writedowns. FedEx reported a fiscal fourth-quarter loss of $241 million."

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...n-fedex-loss-financial-warnings_10061762.html

Holy shit, that must mean private business doesn't work. Right?

Crap, Roadway Express too?

Medicare is in trouble too?

Medicare has been underfunded and forced to cover the most high risk and expensive group of people.

I seem to remember a bunch of private insurance companies being in financial trouble recently. Do you remember anything about that?

All of this is kinda beside the point that private and public options can operate together successfully as in the post office, universities, and the public option.