99% chance of being a hoax but still a good read

Scn64

A lot of you have probably seen this before but it's an interesting read. It's about some guy who appeared on a message board saying he was a time traveller. What's interesting is how detailed he is in describing everything. Even though I'm sure it's a hoax it's still fun to read.

http://johntitor.com/

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
hmmmm, why would the US have a civil war in 2005? :confuse3:

why would Russia launch a nuclear strike against the US?

Interesting reading, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:
hmmmm, why would the US have a civil war in 2005? :confuse3:Read through the RW...I've given many reasons there.

why would Russia launch a nuclear strike against the US?Good question

Interesting reading, but that doesn't make sense to me.

CydCharisse

A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people
I can't believe this. Not 3 billion people

There is no real organized health care. If you get a serious disease, you die.
That's a load of bull

The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.
No, I don't think so

Rose

I've been reading all day and still have some to go. Sounds very interesting indeed, even if I don't necessarily believe it's possible. It is a good read.

Luis G

Staff member
another thing that catched my attention is the purposes of time traveling, i mean, the guy comes to the past to take current technology to the future and be able to build a proper post ww3 world. BUT, if they have technology such as time traveling devices, why would they need a god damn computer from the 80s? :confuse3:

Aunty Em

CydCharisse said:
There is no real organized health care. If you get a serious disease, you die.
That's a load of bull
Actually he contradicts himself because he also says that some progress has been made in cancer research.

Another point... he talks about Russia attacking the US with nuclear weapons yet says computers have progressed. I didn't read it in any great depth, but I do know from my time with The Royal Observer Corp that any unshielded computer within range would be fried by the emmissions from a nuclear strike...

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Yeah, 99.99 some-odd % chance of it being a hoax, but the guy that pulled it off was one smart mother. He had to get his shit together on a variety of subjects before attempting such a hoax, and the documentation he produced (diagrams, pictures, models built, etc.) took a lot of work. And throughout the ~2 years (?) he posted, his story and the general themes of his description of the universe and the world in 2036 remained remarkably consistent.

Very impressive. Scary, but impressive.

Aunty Em

He obviously had nothing better to do... I expect he's still chuckling to himself about it... :lol:

Rose

Oli - he didn't post for two years, it was a period of a few months. Four, I think. november 00 - March 01.

Luis G

Staff member
How can you possibly criticize me for any conflict that comes to you? I watch every day what you are doing as a society. While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you. Is this the "Universal Law" you subscribe to?

Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.

Well, he's got a point :D

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Rose said:
Oli - he didn't post for two years, it was a period of a few months. Four, I think. november 00 - March 01.

Oh. I glanced through some of the material about Titor on a couple of sites and for some reason thought it was a longer period. Still, this guy went through a lot of trouble to plan out this hoax.

IMO, this guy is one messed up individual. His theme is that the paranoid shotgun weilding food stockpiling wilderness living "militia" type folks that tend to blow up buildings or go on shooting sprees every couple of years are the ones that are sane and will take over the world. Uh huh. It's scary that intelligent people like this guy succumb to such a warped view of the world.

K62

Well, we will find out soon enough that this guy is full of shit, in 2005 I will be 20 when the American "civil war"

I do think its all bullshit, but this guy has obviously put alot of time into this. I read pretty much the whole thing and find it evey interesting.

K62

Q: You mention Canadians but I don't think you mentioned the impact on that country.

A: There's not a great deal I know about Canada except to say they were pretty much in the same type of conflict. They did have the Dew Line you know.

lol damn