99% chance of being a hoax but still a good read

Jeebus_

well ive been reading up and someone should have asked him for his grandfathers name and see if we could get in touch with him.

K62

someone should have asked him what would happen if we just happened to kill his grandfather ;)

K62

Ide like to see him explan what would happen if he travelled back and killed his grandfather before he was born. he would have never existed, but if he never existed, how could he kill his grandfather in the 1st place...ahhh ehhhhhhhh brain.. overloading .
................. :drink:

Rose

But see, there's something about that that wouldn't change anything. Something about the different planes of existance or multple world theory. I wish I understood what I read a little better, but I guess I need to read it again. :s Is there more sites with information about John Titor on them? I find this fascinating. :blush:

Jeebus_

well if we killed him what do u think happened. but so far hes like 4 or 5 and people on the site that i was looking at have done searchs to on the name titor so .... there on there just look for em.
well i found this huge forum on John. ill get the link and post it when i find it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
K62 said:
Ide like to see him explan what would happen if he travelled back and killed his grandfather before he was born. he would have never existed, but if he never existed, how could he kill his grandfather in the 1st place...ahhh ehhhhhhhh brain.. overloading .
................. :drink:

He said there would be no paradox, because that would only change one worldline and it won't make a difference for his worldline.

Jeebus_

well if he said it it must be right LOL if it isnt a hoax but shall all see within the year so :headbang:
well have to wait it out :crying4:

Scn64

Rose said:
But see, there's something about that that wouldn't change anything. Something about the different planes of existance or multple world theory. I wish I understood what I read a little better, but I guess I need to read it again. :s Is there more sites with information about John Titor on them? I find this fascinating. :blush:
I don't know if you've ever seen the TV show "Sliders" but if you have I think that is kind of what John Titor is talking about. Sliders dealt with visiting other dimensions/worlds that were similar to our own but, at the same time, different. For example, on our world you might have a best friend who is going to college, has a good job, and has a pretty good outlook on life but on another world, that same friend might be constantly in and out of jail and living in the streets. I think this "worldline" thing that John Titor talks about is the same general idea except that instead of just travelling to different worlds, he is travelling to different times as well. So, if his grandfather were to be killed in our world/time it might not effect his world/time at all.

Jeebus_

ok well i think about it like this ..... kinda ill draw it

--2000---------------------John Titor's Time------------------V
--1900-------------------------------------------------------Our Time----2000---

Oz

I like the idea of this John Titor bloke......kinda funny :D

Even funnier that on all the message boards he posted on, not one of the admins etc ran a decent IP check on him ;)

Jeebus_

this girl had his ip and "letters" he sent to her but she says she deleted the IP and burned the letters. so well for us checking :retard:

HeXp£Øi±

99% chance of being a hoax but still a good read
That means there's a 1% chance that this is real?
HAAAAAAA!!!
More like 100% chance this didn't happen since traveling back in time is impossible. lol. Great science fiction although i would have saved it for a book.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
for hex... ;)

Traveling back in time on a single worldline is logically impossible.

Traveling to another worldline that looks like the past of your worldline is not logically impossible, but may well prove physically impossible.

HeXp£Øi±

is not logically impossible

Talk about covering your ass. lol

One of the reasons i say it's impossible is that if it were possible we would know it. How? Because if their were other worldlines(assuming i'm understanding this phrase correctly) there would be an infinite amount (or extremely great numbers) of them. In this scenerio what would be the odds that we wouldn't have found a time traveler yet? If at some point in our future we are to have just a few time travelers, then on billions or trillions of seperate worldlines their would be billions or trillions of different time travelers(if not an infinite number of them). If this were the case then i find it statistacally impossible that we haven't run into any of them. On another note, if it's not physically possible then it's simply defined as impossible. It's either possible or it's not.

Now thinking about this, the only was i see it as possible is if we have seen them. Say...if ufos were actually time travelers and the government was covering them up. Now that, that i find possible. I'd say there's a .000000001% chance that this is the case. :D

Rose

I guess I'm the only one that's absolutely intrigued and fascinated with this guy's story? I can't seem to find enough information on all of it. I've no experience in physics or much science/maths, but it's still very amazing to me. The whole concept of multiple worldlines is rather ... hard to concieve.

Scn64

HeXp£Øi± said:
Talk about covering your ass. lol

One of the reasons i say it's impossible is that if it were possible we would know it. How? Because if their were other worldlines(assuming i'm understanding this phrase correctly) there would be an infinite amount (or extremely great numbers) of them. In this scenerio what would be the odds that we wouldn't have found a time traveler yet? If at some point in our future we are to have just a few time travelers, then on billions or trillions of seperate worldlines their would be billions or trillions of different time travelers(if not an infinite number of them). If this were the case then i find it statistacally impossible that we haven't run into any of them. On another note, if it's not physically possible then it's simply defined as impossible. It's either possible or it's not.

Now thinking about this, the only was i see it as possible is if we have seen them. Say...if ufos were actually time travelers and the government was covering them up. Now that, that i find possible. I'd say there's a .000000001% chance that this is the case. :D
Or maybe we have seen time travellers but none of us are willing to believe their stories.....such as John Titor. There aren't too many things that I'll say I'm 100% sure about because, no matter how much I think I know, there is always a chance I'm wrong. That's the reason for the 99% in the title.