a lesson from santa...

tank girl

We ARE Right!
It isn't ONLY might that makes right.

sure its not, it takes a lot of well thought out excuses, media instrumentation, propaganda and political fear-mongering that go into the concoction.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No need. History will once again show the US as the victor & the multitudes of freedom loving peoples around the world will find some other reason to bitch about us.

tank girl

referring to NAZI GERMANY would be stupid - reffering to HITLER...maybe not.

speak of the devil...

Bush Joins Hitler, Stalin and Khomeini as "Person of the Year"

Commentary ~ December 19, 2004: George Bush has been named “Person of the Year” by Time magazine, joining such historical similarities as Ayatollah Khomeini (1979), Adolf Hitler (1938) and Joseph Stalin (1939).

Time's managing editor Jim Kelly said the president was chosen for “sharpening the debate until the choices bled, for reframing reality to match his design,” and for “gambling his fortunes - and ours.”

We couldn't have said it better.

As far as bleeding choices, 1,304 Americans have been killed as a result of his war in Iraq ; while 9,844 have been wounded (5,229 so seriously they have been sent home with missing body parts). More than 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women and children have died. No one is keeping track of how many of them are maimed for life.

Reframing reality to match his design: in other words, forcing his worldview on the rest of us. In the next four years, we can expect much more of his reframing of reality. Adolf Hitler did the same thing after he was named person of the year.

The third reason, gambling his fortunes, and ours, speaks for itself. Compulsive gamblers who wager their families' possessions for imaginary gain need therapy. Heads of state

who do the same with entire countries should be impeached. He is gambling the fortune of this country on the advice of a few entrenched corporate interests who care very little about anything other than milking our economy for as much as possible before it all collapses.

Looking forward into the next Bush term, the magazine's editors doubt if Bush will extend an olive branch to his political opponents, despite his assurances that he will reach across the isle. “Whatever spirit of cooperation that survives in his second term may have to be found among his opponents,” the article said, “He has made it clear he's not about to change his mind as he takes on Social Security and the tax code in pursuit of his 'ownership society.'”

The magazine also points out that half of Americans (50%) still think that the country is headed in the wrong direction, not much changed since the pre-election period. Only 40% see the country on the right track.

Bush is quoted in the magazine as saying he does not expect "many short-term historians to write nice things about me.”

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
r2747696618.jpg

Winky

"1,304 Americans have been killed as a result of his war in Iraq"

So there's a ways to go to equal the number killed in one day in NYC?

tank girl

Oh, and what about the thousands of Iraqis that nobody seems to give a damn about?

But even as the killing of a single Iraqi, purported to be an insurgent, in a Fallujah mosque dominated almost a week of U.S. media coverage, the claim in the report in the respected British medical journal Lancet that the number of Iraqi civilians killed since the U.S. invasion may number as many as 98,000 rated hardly a mention even in news outlets that had been relatively critical of the war. The Lancet study, of course, was a scientific guesstimate based on incomplete data — the U.S. and its coalition partners have never kept a record of Iraqi civilian deaths. The Economist recently provided its own, more conservative estimate: 40,000 civilians dead.

A significantly lower total is reported by the organization Iraq Bodycount, which has tabulated news reports that show a total of around 15,000 civilian casualties since the war began. Even if that lower total was accurate, it suggests that Iraq has suffered at least five times the impact of 9/11 — and the fact that its population is one tenth that of the U.S. would magnify the impact to more like 50 times that of 9/11.

source

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
in newspapers, by family members, neighbours etc. It's the best anyone's gonna get :shrug:

Overview
  1. [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Casualty figures are derived from a comprehensive survey of online media reports and eyewitness accounts. Where these sources report differing figures, the range (a minimum and a maximum) are given. All results are independently reviewed and error-checked by at least two members of the Iraq Body Count project team in addition to the original compiler before publication.
    [/size][/font]
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/background.htm#sources

Winky

Good Lord Girl!
The greatest beneficiaries of 9-11 are the Iraqi's

Hey I know towing the commie line is hard
but for God's sake buy a clue! You'd condemn the Iraqi people to live under Saddam and then later his Son's? Guess what sweetie them boys are DEAD!

The Kurds in the north were gassed. The Shia in the south tried to break free of the Sunni tyranny and were crushed. Saddam waged a pointless eight-year war on Iran and brought bloodshed on his own people and the people of Kuwait. We removed him and have given the Iraqi's a chance to make something out of their cesspool of a country.

I wonder how you lefties look in the mirror?

Inkara1

tank girl said:
speak of the devil...

Bush Joins Hitler, Stalin and Khomeini as "Person of the Year"
...and Bill Clinton, and Pope John Paul II, and Nelson Mandela, and Yasser Arafat, and Mikhail Gorbachev, and Jimmy Carter, and Lyndon Johnson, and Martin Luther King, Jr., and John F. Kennedy, and Charles De Gaulle, and Winston Churchill, and Franklin D. Roosevelt. So what's your point?

I should point out that your turban poster seems to try to exploit a few isolated cases where people of other cultures that wear turbans, such as the Sikhs, were persecuted because of the turban. Those cases are rare. I think the vast majority of Americans realize that a turban does not a terrorist make.

A.B.Normal

{singing}Look into my eyes, what do you see?
Cult of Personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the Cult of Personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
Cult of Personality
Cult of Personality

Neon lights, A Nobel Price
The mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I exploit you still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three

Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
Cult of Personality
Cult of Personality

Neon lights a Nobel Prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be

{/singing}

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
tank girl said:
rather than the lump of coal that he intended...;)

attachment.php

Now now, TG...by posting a turban associated with negative idealogy, you are being very un-PC. That just won't do. Why, if you keep that up, next thing we know, you'll be toting guns and everything! Tsk tsk.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tankgirl said:
More than 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women and children have died. No one is keeping track of how many of them are maimed for life.

This quote keeps popping up in tg's posting, and, even though it's been refuted at least twice, she keeps posting it. Perhaps she thinks that repeated posting of a lie will make it the truth...sad...and I had such hope that she'd actually read my rebuttals instead of continually posting the exact same lies.

*waiting for the ubiquitous posting of Bush lying as well...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gato_Solo said:
This quote keeps popping up in tg's posting, and, even though it's been refuted at least twice, she keeps posting it. Perhaps she thinks that repeated posting of a lie will make it the truth.

*waiting for the ubiquitous posting of Bush lying as well...

Can't blame her...she probably learned it from Clinton. You remember him, the guy who "did not...have...sexual relations....with that woman....Ms Lewinsky..." Didn't inhale either, just sucked.

PostCode

Major contributor!
tank girl said:
Hitler didn't think he needed an excuse either - he genuinely believed he was right.

Hitler also believed he was "right" in slaughtering millions of innocent woman and children in his gas chambers and forced labor camps, and not just Jews either, but Slavs, Poles, and Russians.

HomeLAN

So, we get 3000 civilians killed and war declared on us by militants, and when we respond militarily, we're Nazi oppressors and the terrorist organizations who started this mess are to be dealt with in a spirit of understanding and hope?

Damn, whoever taught you to think logically needs work.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
HomeLAN said:
So, we get 3000 civilians killed and war declared on us by militants, and when we respond militarily, we're Nazi oppressors and the terrorist organizations who started this mess are to be dealt with in a spirit of understanding and hope?

Damn, whoever taught you to think logically needs work.

We are dealing with them in a spirit of understanding and hope.

We understand that they are terrorist murderers who have zero regard for human life. We hope to kill every damn one of them and that right soon.

Sounds fair to me.