A message to...

All you idiot Religous fanatics and freaks, moreso the Asian populace.. do not make me walk fuckin home and back to get ID because i bought corned beef and Pork Sausages...i SAW you look at me funny and you attitude change to me when you saw the Corned beef.. if you're so fanatical why do you SELL corned beef? and my signature for the card lookas just the same as the sig on the paper slip, i only come to your shop cause you take cards, cash machines down and i'm broke and Sainsbury did'nt have bensons and i did'nt feel like goign all the way to Tescos.. ok?

that said... i'm all ok now :D

I paid with card, and the cashier started on me saying the signatures did not look exactly right, like what 2 sigs are EXACT?? so i had to get ID (shops like 3mins walk, why would i even bother carrying ID?)

tonksy

i think he means for the credit card? whats wrong with corned beef? have people been looking at me funny and i just don't realize?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Justintime said:
I paid with card, and the cashier started on me saying the signatures did not look exactly right, like what 2 sigs are EXACT?? so i had to get ID (shops like 3mins walk, why would i even bother carrying ID?)

Ohh, the FUCKERS, now i know what are you talking about :mad:

Oz

hell, I'll add to this one......

To all those jumped up little arseholes who left school, joined the army and found themselves with no qualifications then could only find employment as a security guard in shops and stores.

Just because I dye my hair in a variety of colours, wear T-Shirts your aunt Petuania wouldn't aprove of and have a few rips in my jeans, doesn't mean I'm gonna shoplift anything from your shop.

You'll waste half an hour trying to be inconspicuous as you stalk me around the store like Rambo in the jungle stalking the bloody Viet Cong.

It must come as a great disapointment when I aproach the tills, take out my wallet and actually pay for the items.

Go follow the kids stealing the Mars bars or the oh-so-well-dressed middle aged woman who is sneaking bottles of gin into her handbag......and leave me the fuck alone.

This rant was brought to you courtesy of the lack of customer impartiality in the retail industry

:D Yea i hate it when i walk into a store (albeit looking like yesterdays baggage that fell off a truck :D) and people stalk me..

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
bleach said:
Just because I dye my hair in a variety of colours, wear T-Shirts your aunt Petuania wouldn't aprove of and have a few rips in my jeans, doesn't mean I'm gonna shoplift anything from your shop.

Been there, done that. It's irritating but the odds of someone, as you described, of shopifting are greater than some average Joe. 2 choices, live with it or quit looking "out of place".

Justin-don't sign your cards. It allows the thief to see & practive your sig. Carry ID & print "Check ID" on the sig line. Less likely to have your card used illegally and easier to show discrepancies in the sig if it's used.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It's the assholes that assume stuff by how people look that piss me off.

I go to one store quite often, when I'm in my suit for work, it's a smiles, when i go in ready for a hard night of drinking, they give me the evil eye.

tonksy

Gonz said:
Been there, done that. It's irritating but the odds of someone, as you described, of shopifting are greater than some average Joe. 2 choices, live with it or quit looking "out of place".

ah! but thats not fair, is it? he should be who he is and be accepted....kinda like mlk said on your sig.....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tonks said:
ah! but thats not fair, is it? he should be who he is and be accepted....kinda like mlk said on your sig.....

FAIR??? :rofl4:

Who told you things are fair?

What King said was over things that can't be changed. What retailers find in actuality is the "unusual" are more likely to steal. No ifs, ands or buts.

tonksy

Gonz said:
FAIR??? :rofl4:

Who told you things are fair?

What King said was over things that can't be changed. What retailers find in actuality is the "unusual" are more likely to steal. No ifs, ands or buts.
but they are being judged by appearances...its the same thing. and its the equivalent of "racial profiling". its societies views that are askew.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:

Is it really more likely? I once went through the border in a tie die t-shirt blaring the grateful dead, the customs guy looked at us, and waved us through saying, only a moron would dress like this, and carry drugs.

I would think that if someone was going to steal big stuff, it would be planned, and they would be dressed non-descript.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
tonks said:
but they are being judged by appearances...its the same thing. and its the equivalent of "racial profiling". its societies views that are askew.

Whoa! Back the fuck up. Same as racial profilng? Did that black kid wake up and decide to be black today? No. Did you wake up and decide to put chains around your neck and wear ripped jeans, Yes. There is a difference there.