AAAAAAAARGH@#%!^#$ SON OF A MONKEY SPANKING BISCUIT EATER!$%@#

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Internut Exploder locks up when a popup tries to open.

AND THIS IS A FRESH FUCKING WINDOWS 2000 INSTALL!

I hate computers.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That'd work great if only any of my linux distro's worked.

Every time I try, the install locks up, no matter which distro I try. Mandrake 8, 9, Redhat, etc... no good

chcr

Too cute for words
Umm... I don't know. Remember, this is now an A+ Certified opinion.:lol:

What version of Internet Exploder are you using?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I am now, Luis. :beerbang:

6 SP1, or whatever's the latest version available at Windblows update as of yesterday.

greenfreak

I have the original IE6 with all the cab files without SP1 on my work server. I'm not working this week but if I can find a way to d/l it and zip it, want me to send it along? I've never had a problem with it. I can connect there but only on dial up, it will take a while. It's big.

chcr

Too cute for words
I'd wipe the drive and start again, myself. I mean really wipe it, not just delete partions and so forth. Get rid of everything. What do you do when you install a new OS?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have IE 5, the one that came with win2k, never had a problem with it, but then, i never use it :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
steweygrrrr said:
Just remember SP1 has a 25% chance of killing your system anyway....
I'm using Win2k SP4, completely bypassed SP1, 2, and 3. :shrug:

chcr: I restarted the machine with the win2k disk in there, deleted the primary partition (111 gigs), made one primary partition (4 gigs) and one secondary (107 gigs), and formatted the 4 gig partition and installed on that. I'm not sure there was anything more that I could do to wipe the drive clean, considering I do not have a floppy drive nor do I have a Western Digital hard drive tools floppy

fury

Administrator
Staff member
OK, now not only is IE crashing when a popup window tries to open itself, but now I can't manually open a new window (shift-click or right-click->open in new window). Just sits there. Doesn't lock up or anything. Just sits there, laughing at me hysterically, wondering why despite how much it pisses me off I am still trying to get it to work. Can't sleep, IE'll eat me... :errrr:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I did this format mostly for one reason - to be able to view page source...

AND IT'S STILL NOT LETTING ME VIEW FUCKING PAGE SOURCE!

:cuss:

And it's not letting me copy/paste the :cuss:

Where the fuck did I go wrong? :crying3: Why am I never able to run a perfectly working OS? I tried my best. :crying3:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there goes Explorer. Guess I'm stuck here in this window until it decides to start back up, because I can't run Task Manager either.