AAAAAAAARGH@#%!^#$ SON OF A MONKEY SPANKING BISCUIT EATER!$%@#

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Donate me the $3000 I'd need to get one that performs as well as my PC, and sure...

Rose

Seriously, though, do they ever look at the date? I write checks all the time with a wrong date and never get corrected (usually a day or two ahead or behind). :shrug:

Raven

Annoying SOB
I havent used cheques for bloody ages and especially post dated ones. How far ahead can you post date one?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Probably only up to the year your bank will go out of business. I predict mine will be out on its ass in 2004 or 2005. They are so paranoid to the point where it hurts customer service. Of course, I only learn this AFTER I get my account there. :shrug:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
technically, you can post date it whenever you want, but if the checks written, it won't stop your bank from cashing it. So, don't post date a check in the hopes that they won't cash it, cause they still can.

rrfield

Rose said:
Seriously, though, do they ever look at the date? I write checks all the time with a wrong date and never get corrected (usually a day or two ahead or behind). :shrug:

On seperate occasions, I've tried cashing checks someone has written to me which were post dated. One time, no problems, they didn't even look at the date. The other time, they told me I couldnt cash it yet. I guess it depends on how alert your bank teller is... :tardbang:

rrfield

Inkara1

Two questions for fury:

1. Where do you bank at?

2. My IE quit letting me view the page source for a while, too. I fixed that by clearing out my temporary internet files folder. This is with Windows 2000 with SP2 and IE6.

Inkara1

As for post-dated checks, the trend with the banks seems to be that they won't let you cash one if it involves you getting money. But if you wrote a post-dated check, or are in other words giving money, it'll be cashed as soon as it hits the bank, regardless of date.

That's why on the "For:" line, you should finish it with: "the love of God, don't cash this check before the 15th!" and hope the person you wrote the check to follows orders. This isn't as funny if your checks' "For:" lines say "note" instead of "for."

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Two questions for fury:

1. Where do you bank at?

2. My IE quit letting me view the page source for a while, too. I fixed that by clearing out my temporary internet files folder. This is with Windows 2000 with SP2 and IE6.
1. Fifth Third Bank
2. That's not really a question, but I tried that before I reformatted. All it did was cause avatars to stay like they were even if people updated them. I'd have to view image properties, copy the image location to the browser window, and hit Ctrl+Refresh before it'd update.

Mirlyn

fury said:
I'm not sure there was anything more that I could do to wipe the drive clean, considering I do not have a floppy drive nor do I have a Western Digital hard drive tools floppy

Write zeros to the drive, but all the utils I use are floppy based.

Check your memory to see if its bad? :shrug:

Aunty Em

Funny... I have 2k Pro sp4 and IE6 and don't have any of these problems... ?(

But I do have a floppy drive... can't you jury-rig one from another computer or does your mobo not take one, and can't you download the utilities from their site?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Mirlyn said:
Write zeros to the drive, but all the utils I use are floppy based.

Check your memory to see if its bad? :shrug:
I suppose it'll have to come to that, I don't have any other DDR I could test yet, but in a few weeks I might have some. Now that you mention it, a lot of the problems I've been having do lead me to believe it's a memory issue... half the time I can't open anything or check for new messages in Outlook because it says I'm out of memory/resources, when it and mIRC and maybe a couple Explorer windows are the only things open

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Aunty Em said:
Funny... I have 2k Pro sp4 and IE6 and don't have any of these problems... ?(

But I do have a floppy drive... can't you jury-rig one from another computer or does your mobo not take one, and can't you download the utilities from their site?
My motherboard takes floppies and one of the 4 or 5 floppy drives in this house works and it's in my dad's puter ATM, but I've just never seen the need to have one installed when most of the time anything I'll need to boot off something other than my hard drive to do can be done through my Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD