After V-Tech they didn't learn a damned thing

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by jimpeel, Dec 6, 2009.

1. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

The CSU Board of Regents has voted to ban all firearms, even licensed ones, from the campus. It seems they are afraid that a CCW held firearm will go off accidentally and kill someone. They obviously don't have a clue on the chances of being struck by lightning (especially here in CO) are far better than being killed by an AD from a CCW licensed firearm holder.

The students didn't wan the ban but the people who hide safely in their offices, like those at V-Tech, know better.

Read the CSU student government's resolution (PDF).

SOURCE

2. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

Of course, this is not the only silliness going around at CO universities.

SOURCE

[​IMG]

3. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

I just bought the first gun, at a retail establishment, since the Brady Bill restricted my rights to do so.

It took 32 days, corresponding with the Federal Bureau of Investigation & a set of fingerprints...to prove that I'd done nothing wrong. Ever.

A short, cheap, shotgun caught my attention. I filled oout the permission slip. It was okayed. The purchase happened. As I grabbed my new toy, & turned to leave the counter, the phone rang. It was the FBI, calling to revoke an already permitted (what's wrong with that, to begin with) sale. It seems that something popped up, after they looked through my life history.

Cancelled sale.

I came home & went to work. An appeal was made. I then got a letter stating that someone with my general appearance/information has been sentenced to jail for A-a felony, or B-two or more years with a misdemeanor. I must supply a set of police rolled & verified fingerprints (at a minimul cost mind you) so that the FBI can cross reference with the other 5'10" 200lb white guy (gee, how many of those are there?). If they find my prints match, they'll send more information about it, ending the investigation there. If they do not match, they'll look further into my history for something, anything that may curtail me from fulfilling my God given right to own a firearm. If they find nothing, within 30 days, I can go back & finish my purchase. Gee, how commendable. In the event it takes over 30 days, from initial refusal, I'll have to go through the whole process again.

On the 32nd day, He spoke. "Go forth & buy, you've been a solid citizen & have not committed atrocities against Me". The final letter (wanna bet?) was retured, along with my fingerprint card & a special dispensation, allowing me to return to that exact store & fulfill my God given right to own a firearm. I must surrender this written authorization to the store. Just in case, you know.

While this bullshit is happening, stopping a legal & gauranteed right from coming to fruition, keeping an American citizen from fulfilling and purchasing a vehicle in which he may protect himself & his family, in the vent of emergency, across the nation a hardened & well known violent criminal, sentenced to many years in prison & currently bailed out of the criminal justice system for committing the heinous act of raping a child, assasinated four Seattle area police officers.

What did the Brady bill do to protect Americans?

Go forth & CCW...or openly, if you can.

Ohm by the way, the letter states, almost verbatim that, "it sucks to be you. This might happen with every purchase & there's nothign we can do".

4. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

well i'm sorry you had that experience gonz. sounds like you're the victim of an administrative glitch more than anything else.

i've never had that problem, and i've bought about 5 firearms over-the-counter, all post-brady. the last one i bought was a private party cash transaction. now that was really easy...

5. Gonz

A glitch in the Matrix, yeppers, that's what it was. Unfortunately, the only option I have is to send them a copy of my fingerprints & an application to put me on the VAF (Voluntary Appeal File)...which allows them to keep records of my transactions but let's me slide through the NICS without unwarranted denials.

Great, I can allow Uncle Sam to know all my movements or I can get denied each & every time I want to purchase a weapon.

The Brady bill does what to stop crime?

The biggest pisser about cash transactions is, typically, when what I want comes along, I'm short on cash.

6. Winky

Winky Well-Known Member

2nd amendment Bah!

Minks, aren't private party firearms transactions illegal now?

7. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

in my state it's legal for long guns and pistols. i think most states are fine with private sales on long guns, but pistols are often regulated e.g. in michigan you gotta get a permit to purchase from the local police, and there may be a waiting period between application and issuance of the permit.

when i bought my BHP, the guy just came to my house and i paid cash. i did call the police to have the serial # checked (to make sure it was never reported stolen) before i shipped it off for custom work though.

8. Gonz

A permit to buy a used gun? Does MI require registration too?

9. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

for handguns only.

10. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Better that they not check at all, Gonz?

11. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

nah we want the full check including a cavity search.

12. Gotholic

Gotholic Well-Known Member

It does strike me as rather odd that you have to have a permit to own a gun considering that owning a gun is a right.

All these gun control laws are only baby steps to the target. They are cooking us all like frogs.

13. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

i don't have a problem with having to get a lousy permit to purchase or carry a handgun. big fucking deal.

did anyone notice the assault weapons ban that was allowed to sunset in september of '04? i could go out right now and buy an ak47, a couple dozen magazines, and 2000 rounds of ammunition.

oh, the oppression. :alienhuh:

we're not being cooked like frogs. there's a few minor annoyances. big deal.

14. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Does it bother you that you have to pay money for a gun, considering that owning a gun is a right?

15. Gonz

Yes.

16. Gonz

Newspapers (the press) aren't free either.

17. Gonz

It is a big fucking deal. Asking your government for permission to possess what you have a right to possess is a simple form of fascism.

The frog analogy is perfect. Taking away your rights in a piecemeal fashion is more comfortable than yanking them away. The entire reasoning behind the 2nd amendment is for your government to be afraid of its citizens.

It's okay though, in a couple of years, you'll need a permit to get caffeine & sugar...it's for your own good & the safety of the children. After all, we can't insure the health of unhealthy peopel now can we?

18. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple more years,
    one will have to have a mark in the hand or forehead,
    to buy or sell anything.

19. ResearchMonkey

ResearchMonkey Well-Known Member

The humbling of our govt?

20. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

all that revelation stuff is a bunch of old pagan stories rehashed to frighten the kiddies. apocalypse is absurd.