Alan Greenspan attacks Bush over economy

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hell, why not?
When a majority of stories from the free press are slightly to completely left leaning, a blog is not much different.

I found out today that as much as the left complains about the power & money weilded by the NRA, it is half of what MoveOndotorg contributes. Wanna bet that zero moveon dollars go to the right.

spike

Hell, why not?
When a majority of stories from the free press are slightly to completely left leaning, a blog is not much different.

Delusions :laugh:

The press obviously leans heavily to the right. The leftist media is a fanciful ruse the right has created to use the victim card.

Then again maybe they're pretty square in the middle and everything else is perspective? With the right still playing victims of course.

Still though. Right-wing personal blogs BEST SOURCE EVAR!

Cerise

Yeah, I know they're not held to any sort of code of ethics like real journalists are---such as Newsweek (Oops. Remember the fabricated koran flush story), or CBS (Uh oh. Didn't they insist documents regarding President Bush's National Guard service were real, when they knew they were actually forged)---but do you really think they are lying?

Why would you rather believe that al Queda is not leaving Baghdad, and that Ramadi is still a hell-hole?

Cerise

Delusions :laugh:

The press obviously leans heavily to the right. The leftist media is a fanciful ruse the right has created to use the victim card.

Please define who you consider "the press" and describe how they "lean heavily to the right."

Within that description, can you please provide an example from each of the following media outlets (as long as they meet your definition of "the press" of course) that proves your opinion:

1. ABC
2. NBC
3. CBS
4. FOX
5. MSNBC
6. PBS
7. LA TIMES
8. NY TIMES

That should be easy to do, considering how "right-leaning" they are.

chcr

Too cute for words
I can't remember where I first read it but the "liberal" press is as "liberal" as the "conservative" corporations that own them allow them to be. As unc is fond of pointing out, "Bread and Circuses."

2minkey

bootlicker
it's nice that some reporters are reporting that some nice things are happening in some places.

a pot in every chicken and a spiffy new donkey in every garage!

i'm more likely to trust petraeus' aggregate figures than anecdotal evidence. and you already know what i think of that - mildly hopeful but perhaps not terribly convincing of substantial progress.

catocom

the difference now, than back when you refer is, we have Wayyy more
outsourcing, and importing going on.
The jobs aren't really here now...many people just aren't going to the unemployment office,
so the unemployment numbers do look that bad.
When the economy gets tighter, you'll see a very fast jump there though.
yeah we do ATM, but there's a lot of sponges out there, and if/when it get though,
and they start looking for jobs....

Time will tell. I truly hope I'm way off the mark, but it doesn't look that way
to me...looking into the future, with the current policies.

as predicted
Unemployment insurance claims up in Gainesville, the state
ATLANTA - There was a nearly 30 percent increase in the number of initial unemployment insurance claims filed in Georgia last month - and the number was up in metro Gainesville as well.

Statewide, almost 42,000 laid-off workers filed for unemployment insurance in October - an increased of 29.1 percent.

In metro Gainesville, the number of claims increased over September by 190.

The state Labor Department says the increases came mostly in trade and manufacturing. There were increases in 11 of the state's 14 metro areas.

While initial claims around the state were up from September to October, they were also up 5.2 percent from October of 2006 when 39,456 were filed.

The 14 metro areas of the state and the changes in their initial claims from September to October of 2007 are as follows:

- Albany, up 64, or 10.1 percent, from 636 to 700.
- Athens, down 34, or six percent, from 566 to 532.
- Atlanta, up 3,305, or 24.1 percent, from 13,739 to 17,044.
- Augusta, up 748, or 59 percent, from 1,268 to 2,016.
- Brunswick, up two, or 0.7 percent, from 295 to 297.
- Columbus, up 197, or 25.5 percent, from 772 to 969.
- Dalton, down 58, or 3.4 percent, from 1,700 to 1,642.
- Gainesville, up 190, or 51.6 percent, from 368 to 558.
- Hinesville, up 43, or 28.5 percent, from 151 to 194.
- Macon, up 520, or 62.9 percent, from 827 to 1,347.
- Rome, up 133, or 28.5 percent, from 466 to 599.
- Savannah, down 40, or 4.4 percent, from 906 to 866.
- Valdosta, up 30, or 5.5 percent, from 546 to 576.
- Warner Robins, up 353, or 123.4 percent, from 286 to 639.

just beginning IMO

2minkey

bootlicker
hmmmm yeah cato all that debt we're building as a result of iraq is especially helpful to the economy about now heh?

catocom

yep
I wanna know where all that supposed revenue from the oil is, that
some said would pay for the war.:hmm:

chcr

Too cute for words
yep
I wanna know where all that supposed revenue from the oil is, that
some said would pay for the war.:hmm:

:rofl: I know there were a lot of people who bought that particular story, but I gave you credit for better sense. ;)

catocom

well, I never thought it'd fund it totally, but I thought it'd help.
I'm wondering if there's been a dime from it now though.
or maybe that's the billions that's being given to Musharraf .:shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
well, I never thought it'd fund it totally, but I thought it'd help.
I'm wondering if there's been a dime from it now though.
or maybe that's the billions that's being given to Musharraf .:shrug:

Don't forget the hundreds of millions to Halliburton and Blackwater.

I say it's payback time...Now.
History hasn't shown you that it's never going to be payback time?

catocom

I dunno. I haven't seen the numbers.
It seems I hear many times about who owes what, but never hear
about Any of being paid.
e.g., the deficit with China from the US. when does that shrink, and how.
When other countries owe the US, when does that shrink, and how.
Not my area:shrug:
All I know is what I'm hearing now is that we have a very large deficit owed
to different places, and from the Gov. to the People, and it doesn't look recoverable.:confused:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
hmmmm yeah cato all that debt we're building as a result of iraq is especially helpful to the economy about now heh?

Iraq isn't the problem. Wanna try Social Security & welfare? A couple billion per year is chicken feed compared to those boondoggles.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
nah, i'm not fond of those congressional democrats. not at all. but, again, their after-the-fact pissing isn't the real issue in my mind. just a distraction. yep, in my mind it's the pussies that planned the shitcan that didn't have the backbone to spend enough - in $$ or in iraqi blood - to execute the war in the way i'll bet military commanders woulda ideally done it. now i'm sure gato will chime in wiht something like "that's the way it's always been." and that's fine. athlete's foot has always itched. don't mean i have to like it.

If you don't like it, then change it. I certainly hope you don't think I enjoy being in the combat zone longer than necessary. If Congress had declared war, instead of giving 'permission to use force', this would be a quite different ball-game...