All Hail the Minutemen Project

Winky

So, somebody that actually knows
tell me
just how does the mexican army treat the illegals
that cross their southern border, Hmmm?

Betcha we could take a few pointers from them?!?

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
So, somebody that actually knows
tell me
just how does the mexican army treat the illegals
that cross their southern border, Hmmm?

Betcha we could take a few pointers from them?!?

Betcha couldn't talk the Americans into being that harsh. ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Jenn said:
5. It is not the Minutemen's job to be at the border. It is the government's.

This is where you stepped completely off-track. It is the peoples place to guard our country. We the People. When our elected officials fail to act in our interest, we can & must do it ourselves...which seperates those that can & those you think are incapable.

Trau

Gonz said:
So then you agree that a homeowner, getting some work done on their property, should be held liable for the contractors decision on whom to, or not to, hire?

Here you keep going. I never said anything of Wal-Mart's legal liability. Not once. Wal-Mart made use of illegals. It doesn't matter if they are guilty or innocent, conscious or unconscious. They made use of illegals. The legality does not matter.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I didn't ask about Wal-Warts liablity or guilt, I asked about an anonymous homeowner.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Trau said:
Here you keep going. I never said anything of Wal-Mart's legal liability. Not once. Wal-Mart made use of illegals. It doesn't matter if they are guilty or innocent, conscious or unconscious. They made use of illegals. The legality does not matter.

Hmmm...where to start.

1. If the legality doesn't matter, then you have no point.
2. If you blame a company for the actions of it's contractors, then you blame the homeowner as well. It's a two-way street.

The subcontractor made use of illegals. There is no evidence pointing to Wal-Mart having knowledge of the subcontractor's illegal hirings. To blame Wal-Mart is the same as blaming the homeowner if the GC uses illegals. Even the Federal Government has a hard time rooting out subcontractors that hire illegals.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gonz said:
Luis, since I've never read the Mexican political history, is this a true statement?

Our goverment should provide the means for:
- security
- education
- health services
- economic and political stability.

If our goverment were the one to provide, then we would have a communist system.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:
Our goverment should provide the means for:
- security
- education
- health services
- economic and political stability.

If our goverment were the one to provide, then we would have a communist system.

That's why I wanted to check. I know for a fact that the US Constitution never adresses jobs or homes. That's for the people to take care of, themselves.

Trau

Gato_Solo said:
1. If the legality doesn't matter, then you have no point.

How do you figure? Do you even know how this subject came up in the first place?

2. If you blame a company for the actions of it's contractors, then you blame the homeowner as well. It's a two-way street.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything. I will say again that I did not make any judgement toward Wal-Mart's actions. I only noted a proven fact.

The subcontractor made use of illegals. There is no evidence pointing to Wal-Mart having knowledge of the subcontractor's illegal hirings.

What did the illegals do? Work as secretaries for the subcontractor? No, they worked at Wal-Mart stores. That Wal-Mart (supposedly) had no knowledge of the illegal status of those people does not mean that Wal-Mart did not get any use out of them.

I don't see what roadblock is preventing you from connecting these dots.

The subcontractor hired illegals, Wal-Mart went to that subcontractor and made use of those illegals.

To blame Wal-Mart is the same as blaming the homeowner if the GC uses illegals. Even the Federal Government has a hard time rooting out subcontractors that hire illegals.

Again, I haven't blamed Wal-Mart for anything.

Winky

But Wal-Mart IS the great Satan
or
was it GW
Or Oh yeah America

The great Satan is America

catocom

My guess id Trau, that if I did indeed contact Wal-mart, and ask them how
they benefited form illegal immigrant workers, they'd have no comment on it.
Don't you think? (given all the bad press if nothing else)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So Trau, following liberal rhetoric, says "I never said anything bad about Wal-Mart" yet he continually writes "they used illegals".

Nice trick huh?

They did not use illegals. They may have benefitted from their services, via contracting services thru another comapny but Wal-Mart did not, intentionally, hire illegal aliens nor did they contract services with illegal aliens.

Trau

Gonz said:
So Trau, following liberal rhetoric, says "I never said anything bad about Wal-Mart" yet he continually writes "they used illegals".

Like I said, I haven't made any judgements. The fact that Wal-Mart used illegal immigrants is undeniable. Whether or not you believe that is a bad thing is up to you to decide.

Also, attempts to paint me as a liberal will fall woefully short. I am not one.

They did not use illegals. They may have benefitted from their services, via contracting services thru another comapny but Wal-Mart did not, intentionally, hire illegal aliens nor did they contract services with illegal aliens.

I'm sorry, but benefitting from their services is making use of them.