All Hail the Minutemen Project

ekahs retsam

i just wish immigrant labor would be more careful. Do you have any idea how badly bruised the strawberries were this year!!!

and try learning some simple phrases before moving here like "which way to the kitchen?" or for the more advanced "how may i take your order?"

catocom

ekahs retsam said:
i just wish immigrant labor would be more careful. Do you have any idea how badly bruised the strawberries were this year!!!
:laugh5:
oh thanks, I needed that one.

ekahs retsam

ekahs retsam said:

and try learning some simple phrases before moving here like "which way to the kitchen?" or for the more advanced "how may i take your order?"

oh this just came to me!!

why not have a "fight for citizenship campaign" where we take them and send them to Iraq!!! If they take orders and follow directions they become US citizens. These skill will come in handy in their chosen professions !!

Trau

Gonz said:
You do take the bait.

It's not bait if your target knows where said "bait" is going. I knew that, by assuming I am some liberal jackoff, you'd figure I would bring up the lefty bogeyman that is Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart didn't hire them, their cleaning contractors did. It's not Wal-Marts responsibility to verify employment backgrounds on contractors laborers. Although, the anti-corporation folks try to make it so.

I never said Wal-Mart was guilty of anything, although a court of law did. My point was that illegal immigrants who work are not useless and work hard in our society.

catocom

ekahs retsam said:

why not have a "fight for citizenship campaign" where we take them and send them to Iraq!!! If they take orders and follow directions they become US citizens. These skill will come in handy in their chosen professions !!
They already have that, and several have made citizenship, and continue to do a great job. ;)

tonksy

ekahs retsam said:

Conscription? Been done before. Works for me.

Trau

Winky said:
And Trau and Jenn
is it your intention to win over to your side
to your way of thinking that America hasn't any right,
no say in who waltzes across her borders

or is merely your intention to come to this board
and call us names for thinking America is a sovereign nation

or perhaps

that America is crap and should bend to the whim
of any and all third world people

or...

Neither of us has said any of those things.

And I think the structure of your posts is ridiculous.

catocom

For me at this point, all other arguments aside, it's simple a matter of National Security.
The border should have been secured long before 9/11. It most assuredly needs to be now.
We simple need to know who is in this country.

majestyx

Trau said:
Guess where Jenn is from.
But, SHE is living in the US. Luis is living in MEXICO. And, I think he has better insight as to what is happening in Mexico by living there NOW, than someone who has chosen to live in the US. Legally or otherwise.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Jenn said:
1. What you believe is not the point, it is what is actually going on there.

That applies also to you.

2. What is your financial situation? What is your level of education? Where did you get educated?

Masters degree, everything studied in public schools except secondary school. Financial situation? favorable, but for the most part it depends on me and the almost 10 hours per day I work.

4. Has anyone in your family ever had to look for a job? If it were easy to find work, they would stay there. You think they want to be living away from their families in a strange country where they are disliked?

Yes, in fact we all did. Even my sister that's studying got a job and it wasn't much of an effort to find it, it might not be well paid but it suffices her needs for now.

5. When have you seen someone make $40 in a few hours?

Let's see, a red light lasts for about 90 seconds, assuming a person gets MXN$5 every red light (something entirely reasonable), then you do the math. And I have seen a couple of drunks (old) do that and then spend all their money in alcohol.

Have you ever offered a job to people that come to your door and ask for money?, I have. When you tell them you'll pay them say $50 if they sweep and mop the floor, they just turn around and leave. Has anyone come to your door and asked for money to buy a taco?, try to offer them the taco instead and listen carefully when they say I want the money not the taco.

It is not easy to weed out decades of corruption and ineffectiveness. If you think the uneducated, poor people who come here to work can simply stay there and easily change everything you are quite ignorant of your own damn country.

Do you know that many people that go there are not quite as "uneducated" as you think? Many have bachelor degrees, but then again, they are too good to work for an ammount they consider less than what they deserve. They would rather spend all day at home scratching their butts and bitching about how hard life is and blamming the goverment for not giving them jobs.

It is obvious you are not in their situation nor have contact with it and fail to understand. It is ridiculous to try and simplify what is going on in Mexico. If things were as easy as "staying there and changing it" the world would be a different place. Plus, the people coming over tend to come from the poorest states full of the most uneducated people who are completely ignored by the government. They feel powerless and don't have the means by which to change much. You people are oversimplifying it.

Do you even have the slightest idea in which state Morelia is located? Repeat after me, MICHOACAN, aka number one exporter of immigrants to the US.

These people do not have the same rights we do either, you know. Civil society is in a process of growing. And it isn't just the very poor; the situation is so bad there that people with degrees cannot find work and have to turn to driving taxis or selling candy, for example.

Then they shouldn't have studied in the first place. Many people study just because it is a good thing that insures your future, people with that mentality are the ones that are always getting their grades in extraordinary or regularization exams. Because of that very mentality, they think they will have it easy once they get a degree. I know one thing, IT ISN'T EASY.

The situation there is not easy. Imagine losing what you have now and having to struggle to survive but not being too sucessful. Can you even grasp that idea? I'd like to see some of you living in those horrible conditions and trying to change the fuckers in government. You'd understand then.

Perhaps, but I would try harder (and this in no way implies I do not understand them).

You all sit here and talk and talk and talk very comfortably because you don't have to deal with such situations. You do not understand what it is like and you even fail to try to sympathize.

Having met the people and heard the reasons that made many people flee, I think I have quite an understanding of the situation (hint: I'm in Michoacan). Sympathy?, people that break the law do not have my sympathy

Winky

fergit it Louie
yer last post has you soundin'
like a White American!!!

Yea! Louie!!!!

Trau

That was only one example. The illegal immigrants do plenty of other hard work, such as working in fields and also construction and yard maintenance.

But let's not pretend Wal-Mart was hurt by that revelation. Who has actually stopped shopping there because of it? I haven't.

catocom

Trau said:
That was only one example. The illegal immigrants do plenty of other hard work, such as working in fields and also construction and yard maintenance.

But let's not pretend Wal-Mart was hurt by that revelation. Who has actually stopped shopping there because of it? I haven't.
See that's what I don't understand...(if they aren't coming for the freebies)
They work hard you say. Then you say it's not easy to get documented.
If they are willing to work hard at making a living, why not to get documented?

Trau

catocom said:

I'm guessing time isn't an option for them. They come over here and work, often returning home once they have made a good enough amount of money. When you have to feed your family, waiting for bureaucracy and paperwork is not exactly an appealing option.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
catocom said:

I know it isn't easy to get the documentation needed to enter the US legally. Even a tourist visa is hard to get, imagine a working visa. I believe what Fox and Bush have in mind is just to make it easier for them to cross legally, nothing is stopping them anyway.