All of this hoopla...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Aunty Em said:
Oh... so you disown the fact that you are, in fact, all "illegal immigrants", or did americans just suddenly evolve out of thin air?.... :eyebrow: :lol:

I can't speak for my ancestral heritage but I am a bred & born American. In all actuality, I can speak for some of my heritage-the US came to my family, we didn't come to the US (my dad's family was in Arizona before it was a state)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:eek6: Well theres a right-wing answer if I ever saw one...So...Your family were pioneers in stealing America for us..:D

Elwood

chcr said:
I'm going to say this once just to get it off my chest. It happened, it's over, get over it. Why do people keep bringing this up? Who the fuck cares? He was a jackass but he's not relevant anymore. Get fucking over it, it was just a blowjob. Ever have one? I've had one at work. I promise that except for the several minutes during, it did not affect my job performance in any way.

Douglas Adams once suggested that it was not the president's job to wield power, but to draw attention away from those who do. By this yardstick, I used to judge billy blowjob the most effective president of our time. Until dubya.

Just my opinion.

chcr,

It was just used as an example of his flippant attitude toward the office he held. We really should expect somewhat decent and logical behavior from the president, even if he is just a puppet, or figurehead, or whatever. It does reflect poorly on us as a nation to have elected someone of his caliber as president, even though quite a few of us never voted for him. Many would say the same about Bush, and I suppose they have their reasons. Comparing the character among the elite criminals of our country is a slippery task. It's a shame that most of those who supposedly represent us are usually of such low moral terpitude that I'd hesitate to even let them watch my kids while my wife & I go see a movie.
I've never had a BJ at work. I think that the casual reaction most had to Billy BJ's exploits just underscores what I stated earlier. Very sad times we live in.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Elwood

I wish you would expect the same "decent and logical behavior" from THIS president ...Since hes the one that matters now....And hes KILLING PEOPLE with his lies...

Inkara1

For clarification, Clinton was not in trouble for fellatio in the Oval Office. He was in trouble for lying about it under oath, which is perjury. This has been proven. It has not been proven that President Bush purposely misled the nation and the world in order to have a war for whatever personal gain.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
its been 'proven" just as well or better than he 'Prooved' that Sadam was an eminant threat. But you jumped at that with both feet. Didn't you?

chcr

Too cute for words
We really should expect somewhat decent and logical behavior from the president
I've voted now in seven presidential elctions, and I have yet to see any candidate display "decent and logical" behavior. And yes, I have been paying attention.

Inkara1

Squiggy said:
its been 'proven" just as well or better than he 'Prooved' that Sadam was an eminant threat. But you jumped at that with both feet. Didn't you?

What proof has there been? There's been plenty of speculation --"we haven't seen the WMDs yet so they must not exist!"--from Bush/Blair detractors, there's no question about that.

freako104

i wonder why clinton had to get the whole impeachment trials and the lying under oath bit but bush doesnt have to asnwer. he doesnt seem to be answering for his actions that i see :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Because Clinton perjured himself in front of a grand jury. That falls under High Crimes & Misdemeanors.

Bush went to war with an enemy of the state. There has been no proof of wrongdoing.

flavio

Banned
The State Department received copies of what would turn out to be forged documents suggesting that Iraq tried to purchase uranium oxide from Niger three months before the president’s State of the Union address, administration officials said.

The administration, facing increased criticism over the claims it made about Iraq’s attempts to buy uranium, had said until now that it did not have the documents before the State of the Union speech.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/940493.asp

Caught in a lie.

Pay attention now.

freako104

Gonz said:
Because Clinton perjured himself in front of a grand jury. That falls under High Crimes & Misdemeanors.

Bush went to war with an enemy of the state. There has been no proof of wrongdoing.

clinton was on trial for a blow job. was that really necessary? bush went to war with a country that hadnt actually done anything to us in 10 years.

Inkara1

No; Clinton was in civil court in a sexual harassment case. What happened with Monica Lewinsky was brought up to establish a behavioral pattern, and he denied the affair under oath at that time. That's perjury, a crime, and the impeachment was over that. If he'd admitted to the BJ under oath, he might have hurt his chances in the sexual harassment lawsuit, but he wouldn't have faced impeachment either.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Saw a poll report on Tv...If the 2004 election were today;

Votes for Hillary Clinton - 73%

Votes for George "Wmd" Bush - 27%

The ship is sinking...SAVE THE RATS! :lol: