Another couple denied marriage license...

nah, I hadn't read anything on the subject whatsoever before commenting. That would be stupid.

link

But that's all ok. He has piles and piles of black friends. They're even allowed to use his bathroom! :eek:

link

Good ole boy keeps his job. Awesome.

We don't need none of yer fancy liberal punk ass yankee faggit ideas! Good ol' boys been runnin' things right for hundreds of years!

Dayum! It's bad enuff you fuckers had to force my decent white children to go to lousy public schools with a bunch of damn jungle bunnies!

This is still 'merica ain't it not?

catocom

If someone did that to us, I wouldn't make a stink about it depending on how he handled it. If he just said "sorry, I don't believe in that but go see so-and-so" I wouldn't care. If he started haranguing us, it would be another matter.

agreed
that certainly wouldn't be justice of peace

from all I've read ... no provoking was involved.
Too bad people want to suppress freedom in the name of political correctness.

My major point is, that given what a shithole Louisiana is as for corruption and racism, is it really that surprising that these folks were offended, and that others, upon hearing about how this guy doesn't approve of race mixing, are also now offended?

Hell half of you crying about why this should be such an issue were just recently so blinded by your hatred for Obama that you pulled kids (or supported pulling kids) from school so they didn't have to watch a simple NON POLITICAL motivational speech by the president. Granted if thing were as wild as alarmists told us about the supposed first draft of the speech, then sure, I could see the point, but if you actually read the speech and get all in a huff it says a lot about your and your blind hatred, much more than it says about what the kids would get out of it.

Obama asks kids to do well in school and what they can do for their president (and I am quite sure it was really meant this country who he is currently the leader of and that someone else will someday in 3-7 years lead) yet you had no problem with Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country! ", then you really need to re-assess why exactly Obama's speech is so offensive.

You also might just for a second, if you are capable of it, try and put yourself in another's shoes! I know most of you in these people's place would be whining and crying much louder!

spike

someone wont do something another person wants, and because the requesting party is a differnt race, it automatically makes it a racist decision.

I think it's because the person who made the decision clearly said it was based on race makes it a racist decision. You can see that right?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Did they go to this guy for their ceremony because they knew he wouldn't perform it?

Anyway...

Did they go to someone else? If yes...did the other person perform the ceremony? If yes...problem solved.

spike

Hey this restaurant is whites-only guess we'll move on to the next one. Oh hey, they serve blacks food out back. Problem solved.

ResearchMonkey

Hey this restaurant is whites-only guess we'll move on to the next one. Oh hey, they serve blacks food out back. Problem solved.
I don't see why that would be a problem. While I myself would not offer my patronage, I do not see why someone not welcomed would want to be welcomed and have their food spat in.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The beauty of free-market capitalism. You are not forced to patronize an establishment.

It does remind me a bit of a cancerous tumor being removed only to find the cancer in other parts of the body.

Oh now come on....Tell me if he did it to you you'd not mind at all?!?

None of us put ourselves in another's shoes enough when looking at these issues, and some are unwilling or unable to do it at all it would seem.

Winky

If every piece of reverse discrimination legislation
were wiped away overnight
the crucial effect would be on the mind-sets of the
people who are supposedly discriminated against.
(oh I Shirley shoulda comma spliced that)