Another log for the fire

spike

Professur said:
Neither do I. But I know of at least one. So do you.

and we know Iran seems to be complying with the NPT. The US is not complying with the NPT. Israel will not sign the NPT.

How's Canada doing with the NPT?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
spike said:
Pre-overthrow or not it's still very relevant that the US helped put this stuff in place.

Again, the whole forest/tree thing.

Do you know why we supplied weapons to Iran in the 80s? To keep Iraq from becoming the neighborhood bully. Let them beat Iran & suddenly Desert Storm is happening a decade sooner.

Here's a brief analogy....
2 guys are always fighting. One guy finds a stick & he begins to beat the other pretty seriously. Since attempting to take the stick away will only make this guy madder & have him start beating up another guy, you hand the 2nd guy a stick. It's a very small version of M.A.D.

Professur

spike said:
and we know Iran seems to be complying with the NPT. The US is not complying with the NPT. Israel will not sign the NPT.

How's Canada doing with the NPT?

Damn good question, given the amount of natural uranium Canada has, and the number of reactors we're running. We could easily have hundreds of warheads and not a damn soul would know. And ... you may not know this, but Canada does have ICBM capability, and has had since the sixties. Most people have forgotten that.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
Damn good question, given the amount of natural uranium Canada has, and the number of reactors we're running. We could easily have hundreds of warheads and not a damn soul would know. And ... you may not know this, but Canada does have ICBM capability, and has had since the sixties. Most people have forgotten that.

:grinno: BTW...Canada does have nuclear weapons. I believe it's called poutine. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wanna bet the sound bite numbers don't change to match reality.

A Tyre hospital on Thursday revised the number of casualties resulting from Israel's air strike on the south Lebanese village of Qana from 52 down to 28.

On Wednesday, Human Rights Watch questioned the death toll in the Qana attack. The international group listed the names of 28 known dead from the attack and said that 13 others were missing and might still be buried under the rubble. The discrepancy was attributed to an assumption that only nine of the people who took shelter in the basement of the building survived, but it emerged that at least 22 escaped, the group said.

Ha'Aretz

Gato_Solo

2minkey said:
"you keep using that word... i don't think it means what you think it means."

Then, perhaps you can explain it, instead of quoting from a movie...

2minkey

bootlicker
Gato_Solo said:
Then, perhaps you can explain it, instead of quoting from a movie...

it's not my job to educate you.

you spew out "hypocrite" but all you really assert is that someone else's argument is wrong, based on factual mistakes, et cetera. you can do that all you want. and that's fine. because any one of us can be a broken record and assert that disagreeing viewpoints are based on "biased" or otherwise less than credible factual sources.

but pretty much all i ever said in this thread is that i think that israel has been excessively forceful in some of the shit they've done. and that that ain't cool for the supposed "good guys" to do. oops, and i made the mistake of mentioning a certain type of bomb. and i apologize for even suggesting that i know anything about bombs. because i really don't. i'm waaay too much of a pussy for that. but i do hope to someday become a sort of macho vigilante motherfucker, and then i'll kick some serious ass.

now, if i criticized israel for excessive force, and then went and kicked the living shit out of some moron who simply cut me off in traffic... or, perhaps, blew up the house across the street from me because it occasionally produces too much noise late at night...well then i'd be a hypocriite.

if i moralized unendingly on television and then got caught beating off with hookers a la jimmy swaggart... then i'd be a hypocrite.

if i criticized a peer for lying and then proceeded to do it myself... yeah.

and so on.

well go ahead. label me a hypocrite. maybe i'll just start calling your arguments "sophomoric." because that label actually fits.

Gato_Solo

2minkey said:
it's not my job to educate you.

you spew out "hypocrite" but all you really assert is that someone else's argument is wrong, based on factual mistakes, et cetera. you can do that all you want. and that's fine. because any one of us can be a broken record and assert that disagreeing viewpoints are based on "biased" or otherwise less than credible factual sources.

Nope. Better read what you type.

2minkey said:
but pretty much all i ever said in this thread is that i think that israel has been excessively forceful in some of the shit they've done. and that that ain't cool for the supposed "good guys" to do. oops, and i made the mistake of mentioning a certain type of bomb. and i apologize for even suggesting that i know anything about bombs. because i really don't. i'm waaay too much of a pussy for that. but i do hope to someday become a sort of macho vigilante motherfucker, and then i'll kick some serious ass.

Nope. Sorry. Perhaps you should look further into why I said what I did. Perhaps you should check on why the durandel was used, and not a cluster munition, or a gravity bomb. It has nothing to do with being macho, and everything to do with reasoning.

2minkey said:
now, if i criticized israel for excessive force, and then went and kicked the living shit out of some moron who simply cut me off in traffic... or, perhaps, blew up the house across the street from me because it occasionally produces too much noise late at night...well then i'd be a hypocriite.

Or if you condemn one person for having the nerve to defend themself from attacks...and then claim it's excessive force without even looking into why...

2minkey said:
if i moralized unendingly on television and then got caught beating off with hookers a la jimmy swaggart... then i'd be a hypocrite.

if i criticized a peer for lying and then proceeded to do it myself... yeah.

and so on.

well go ahead. label me a hypocrite. maybe i'll just start calling your arguments "sophomoric." because that label actually fits.

Ahhh...so now I'm foolish because I hurt your feelings. Just because you can't see why called your argument hypocrisy, I'm foolish.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It's all about israel using excessive force, why is it excessive, they are using as much force as is used against them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I hope, for their sake, they're using a bazillion times more firepower than is used against them. PC doesn't end wars-death & destruction do.

spike

Enough death and destruction in Israel could end it. Enforcing a buffer zone, diplomacy, and cooperation would be better.

Gato_Solo

paul_valaru said:
It's all about israel using excessive force, why is it excessive, they are using as much force as is used against them.

That's the point I was making. :shrug: If you ignore behavior from one side, and try to prosecute the same behavior from the other, what is that called?