Another school shooting

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Jim Peel
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.

I'm sure the rapist would have stood politely by whilst he waited for her to take a weapon out her purse. :rolleyes:

jimpeel

L. Summerton

Well, so much for what you know about self defense. When one is walking through hostile territory one keeps one's hand on one's personal protection device.

Others just lay there and hope he will allow them to live when he is finished.

Which one are you?

s_protection.jpg

jimpeel

By the by ...

I also hang out at The Firing Line and Mitchschaft came to us for pointers in debating. I think he held his own for a newbie. I stayed out of the fray until now as he won't develop any debating skills with others proping him up.

Feel free to drop by, lurk, or participate. All are welcome. The only rules are the General Discussion forum is for firearms issues only. The Legal and Political forum is open to most -- note I said most -- subjects. You are also expected to act as ladies and gentlemen posting to ladies and gentlemen. Y'all come now.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by jimpeel
Well, so much for what you know about self defense. When one is walking through hostile territory one keeps one's hand on one's personal protection device.

Others just lay there and hope he will allow them to live when he is finished.

Which one are you?
:rofl2:

So you envision women walking about on a permanent basis with their hand on their weapon in their purse/ pocket or a clip or whatever you want whenever outdoors? Or whenever indoors for that matter? That would be lovely sleeping with a gun taped to my hand in case of home invasion or break-in when my kids crawl into bed. Or having my hand on my gun while walking to the corner store, great. Maybe I could get one permanently attached to my hand, then I'd always be safe. :rolleyes:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I heard that the Canadians are plotting a hostile take-over of the US... :D ...and you can't tell who's Canadian or not until they say 'aboot', or end their sentence with 'eh'... :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
and by the way I don't know anything aboot any plot formed by Canada for next August... :eek6: oops I mean I don't know anything aboot any plot by Canada.

You believe me, eh? :eek12:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Sorry, but you'll have to post that in Quebecois as well, eh. :D

BTW...Where's your pet beaver? :D :D :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Je ne suis pas conscient de quelque conspiration Canadien pour faire un coup d'Etas-Unis.

C'est vraiment, vraiment vrai! :eek6: :D

My pet beaver is sitting in my lap at the moment ;)

edit:As I'm not a Quebecer, it's not perfect, I'm sure equinoxe3D could do a much better job. But the main point is there LOL[/siz]

jimpeel

Justintime

You gun people are weird
If being weird means taking responsibility for my own self preservation -- rather than calling armed hired guns to do it for me -- then I stand guilty as charged.

Conversely, I find it weird that people will place their faith in an obscure person miles away to come to their aid as quickly as a perpetrator can complete his nefarious task.

_fightback.jpg

jimpeel

So you envision women walking about on a permanent basis with their hand on their weapon in their purse/ pocket or a clip or whatever you want whenever outdoors? Or whenever indoors for that matter? That would be lovely sleeping with a gun taped to my hand in case of home invasion or break-in when my kids crawl into bed. Or having my hand on my gun while walking to the corner store, great. Maybe I could get one permanently attached to my hand, then I'd always be safe. [/quote]Yhis is the typical, emotion based, wildly exaggerated, hyperbole that we in the pro-firearms faction have come to expect from the Liberal anti-firearms faction. Nothing based on fact. Nothing based on cognizant thought. Just wild exaggerations taken to the farthest extremes possible.

When will you be bringing up the "So should everyone be allowed to have a nuclear weapon?" argument?

Or how about "Should we send our Kindergarteners to school armed to the teeth?"

In answer to your specious interrogatories and condescending speculations: No, No, No, No, and No in that order.

Note that I said that one should be prepared when one is in known hostile territory. One should also be eternally vigilant of their surroundings regardless of how safe it may seem.

_beingprey.jpg