anyone fancy a hunt?

Mirlyn

Anyone up for a real-world scavenger hunt? Requirements are basically limited to a camera and/or scanner (at least, the ability to prove findings with pictures, in one way or another :D). Maybe even have teams, if that helps.

Looking for interest here...details can be posted later.

:headbang:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I could be persuaded.

The first thing I want you to look for is a pair of DD breasts. :D

tonksy

Mirlyn said:
Anyone up for a real-world scavenger hunt? Requirements are basically limited to a camera and/or scanner (at least, the ability to prove findings with pictures, in one way or another :D). Maybe even have teams, if that helps.

Looking for interest here...details can be posted later.

:headbang:
HELL YES!!!

um...i mean...yeah...sounds interesting :D

Oz

erm, anyone gonna suggest summit we should actually look for?

I'm ammassing quite a pile of odds and sods here on preparation......

Mirlyn

Oz said:
erm, anyone gonna suggest summit we should actually look for?

I'm ammassing quite a pile of odds and sods here on preparation......
Given enough interest (3-4ish so far), game rules and lists shall be posted within a day or so. :D

Inkara1

Same here, but also add "gas money" to the mix. If I have to drive an hour up to Shaver Lake to get some good wilderness shots, I might not be able to afford that until I get my job situation squared away.

Mirlyn

Initial Rules

Ok then, it sounds like a game is pending. :D First off, this was an idea thought up by both Cam and I a week or two ago. We're just now deciding to act on it, and with it warming up outside in most places, I really think it'll be a hit. :D

Here's a quick overview. We start with the obvious. Pics must be original and taken by you or an innocent bystander including you in the picture. Pics ripped from the family album from six years ago don't count either. They must be taken for this game.

Second. If you want teams, thats cool. If you want to fly solo, more power to you. There is a catch though. Each person and/or team must have a mascot. The mascot must exist in the physical world, and you must have either ownership of or (legal) access to the mascot. Examples of a good mascot would be a yellow matchbox car, particular brand of battery, a rotten green apple, or some other type of identifiable object.

Each mascot must fully appear in each picture taken by the team/person. This is to ensure the pictures are genuine and truely yours. I'm quite certain I'm not the only one who can use google, so we gotta make sure you are actually taking the pics. :D So pick your mascots accordingly (so they'll fit in and be prominent in pictures). If you want to use, say, a ring, make sure you hold it so its obvious what you are holding. ;)

To enter this contest, you must post a good picture of your mascot so the judges can match them with your submissions. It must be the same mascot you plan on including in your pictures.

We're coming up with a list currently. It will be posted as soon as the game begins (I'll announce a time).

Third, the actual submissions will not be hosted by or at OTC. This place isn't free for them, so I don't want to take up their paid-for bandwith with this. :) At this point in time, I'm thinking about creating a temporary open gallery on one of my servers so each person/team can freely upload pictures and not cause undue stress for OTC's already expensive server *cough*contribute*cough* ;). One particular advantage to hosting the pictures elsewhere is that I can allow larger and/or higher-resolution pictures to be uploaded to keep the quality. More details will follow once I settle on an idea for that.

Now for a little feedback....we need a few days to make up and finalize a list. Shall we call the game available for the weekend? Maybe start Friday afternoon and make it end Sunday night/Monday morning? Would that be fair to those both in and not in the north-american time standards?

Open to all suggestions at this point. :D

tonksy

mascot:
pre-spam is his name....that or ned...jury's still out.
snort.gif