Anyone here.......

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Exactly, sorry for being an ass, but you can't just give up when it gets tough. Life is tough.

PT

Mare, have you contacted AA? I know that would be hard too, but at least then you can get with some people that can be there for you when you have a weak moment. It can be very valuable to have someone to call in a time like that. Of course I think most of us here would be happy to be that person for you too.

Mare

PuterTutor said:
Mare, have you contacted AA? I know that would be hard too, but at least then you can get with some people that can be there for you when you have a weak moment. It can be very valuable to have someone to call in a time like that. Of course I think most of us here would be happy to be that person for you too.

Yes, I have been to a few meetings. I am having trouble with what they say as a "higher Power", not that i dont believe in God, just have some issues there. In fact Squigg's came up last night to talk with me, but i couldn't even look him in the face :crying4: . And then my sponsor called me to go to a meeting, I just couldn't knowing that I drank. :crying4: I'll get thru this hopefully-just try again.

AlphaTroll

Mare said:
Yes, I have been to a few meetings. I am having trouble with what they say as a "higher Power", not that i dont believe in God, just have some issues there. In fact Squigg's came up last night to talk with me, but i couldn't even look him in the face :crying4: . And then my sponsor called me to go to a meeting, I just couldn't knowing that I drank. :crying4: I'll get thru this hopefully-just try again.

Mare - a higher power isn't necessarily God, it can be that something inside yourself that made you decide enough is enough, or it could be something that you really believe will give you the strength to go through with staying sober - like your love for your children. Higher Power is something that is stronger & higher than that which makes you reach for the bottle. Something else to give you strength when you're feeling down - something else to look to in times of need.

As for not being able to look Squiggs in the eye or not wanting to go to a meeting because you had a drink - you have to realise that is what they're there for! They'll understand that it was a moment of weakness & they'll help you through the feelings of failure, without condemning you. You're not the first & certainly not the last person to break & go back to the bottle, but if you're serious about staying sober you must give the guys at AA a chance to help you - they understand as well as anyone that it's really, really difficult.

Mare

PuterTutor said:
Exactly, sorry for being an ass, but you can't just give up when it gets tough. Life is tough.
Puter YOU were NOT being an ass... You spoke your mind and I know you all are here for me, and disappointmented ppl, i know i did. So please don't even say sorry , it was me that fucked up.

Oz

Mare said:
:ashamed: Day One All Over Again.... :rolleyes:

Not Proud of myself this morning at all-try and try again I guess.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused

Ooops really bruises ya ass and ya ego when ya fall off that wagon don't it? :(

Mare it ain't back to day one........those eight or nine days without a drink were still days sober and yesterday was only ONE day you had a drink.

Keep trying Mare....... :sadhug:

Mare

bleach said:
Ooops really bruises ya ass and ya ego when ya fall off that wagon don't it? :(

Mare it ain't back to day one........those eight or nine days without a drink were still days sober and yesterday was only ONE day you had a drink.

Keep trying Mare....... :sadhug:

YEP-Does bruise the ego BIG TIME-especially when you wake up and open your eyes and say S H I T....then still your hands are shaking and your mind is wondering. And you know it can be quickly fixed.....

BUT......... :confused:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Mare said:
YEP-Does bruise the ego BIG TIME-especially when you wake up and open your eyes and say S H I T....then still your hands are shaking and your mind is wondering. And you know it can be quickly fixed.....

You know it, now just remove those "but" 'cause the more you think about the "but" the less you'll want to accomplish it.

Oz

Mare said:

Yup, you're right.....it is easily fixed.......but I don't think you want to go through the same shit tomorrow morning.

That's a pretty big BUT (glad I got the spelling right on that) it shouldn't be an option. Pour the drink down the toilet.....removes the BUT.

Then.......ya gotta sweat it out :winkkiss:

PT

Mare, couple questions for you.

First, is there someone else in the house that is still drinking? Any more alcohol in the house?

Professur

Giving up drink, eh? My father never managed.

The most important thing, IMHO, is to boost yourself. You are a person, it's just a little bottle. You're doing great today. That was a tough 15 minutes, but it's over now. That kinda crap. I know, it sound BS, doesn't it. But it does work. That's how support groups work.

PT

Mare said:
Nope & Nope
Good. Now, just make sure the alcohol doesn't make it back in the house. I know that can be hard, especially if a friend stops by or something, but it's necessary. In time, you may be able to have a couple drinks with a friend, but then again, you may not.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You had a (some) drink(s). They're behind you. Don't beat youself up. Move on. remember: CHOICE.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Mare..You didn't let me down. I'm still proud of you. You're putting up a tought fight and just because your opponent got a shot in, it doesn't mean you've lost. I still have complete faith that you will kick this things ass....:winkkiss: :hug:

Mare

Squiggy said:
Mare..You didn't let me down. I'm still proud of you. You're putting up a tought fight and just because your opponent got a shot in, it doesn't mean you've lost. I still have complete faith that you will kick this things ass....:winkkiss: :hug:

:crying3: TY :hug:

Mare

You know what? Now that I sit back and REALLY think about drinking the other day, it wasn't really worth it. I think my body may have needed it more than my mind THOUGHT it did. Dunno????
I think to myself what was the purpose of REALLY wanting it? And was it worth it?
Not that I don't think I can conquer this alone, but, I need to remember this feeling and thoughts, the next time I think I REALLY need a drink. Right-Right :swing:

freako104

mare we know itll be hard. keep trying. you will occasionaly fall. dont let it get you down. reward yourself. think of the money you will save from not buying alchol. then do something you love. or do something with the kids as a family outing. :hug: good luck