anyone still kickin' it old school?

Error

Banned
Yeah... I just think it's weird how they were all... omg this movie's so badass were ONLY releasing it in city A and B... then they send it to TV. We think it's because it was supposed to be Pierce Brosnans big thing... but then Gerard Butler got all big from 300 and he'd get more attention from it than Brosnan.... but that's just our guess. :)

BlurOfSerenity

my parents use their vcr a TON because they want to watch like every show in the world. they actually have 3 vcr's in the house, and sometimes they're taping something on all 3, and watching a fourth program on the one tv that you can record from one channel but be watcing a different channel.

here at jay's, we have a vcr... but that's mainly because we have a lot of movies on vhs, and less for actually recording. i would love to get one of those vcr's that record to dvd, because when i was 11/12/13, i used to watch tv all the time and tape everything i thought was cool (which was a lot of stuff), so i have like 20 tapes full of random stuff... and when i watch it, it's like opening a time-capsule from the late '90s because there are commercials and news segments and all kinds of stuff on there. i would so hate to lose these things.

Aunty Em

To tell you the truth there are so many repeats of programs on TV I just use mine for showing the tapes I aready have.

karlwb

We got a Samsung DVD-HR750 DVD/HDD recorder. I thought we'd get that to replace my old VCR and so I can copy some old recordings from tape to disk.

All of the tape to disk stuff works great - no problems.

But, if we want to record from digital terrestrial TV (Freeview) I get strange flashes and scan lines - I've tried all sorts to fix it.

It's probably going back to be looked at under warranty - but I'm not really impressed with Samsung at the moment.

Inkara1

I love my Samsung LCD computer monitor. My Samsung phone had good voice sound quality but otherwise was a pile of shit (I paid full price for an LG, I was so fed up with the Samsung). The only Samsung DVD player I had onyl lasted a year and a half before it started skipping for no reason. The only Samsung TV I had was nice... might still be nice, but I haven't seen it since the now-ex-wife loaned it to some friends in 2003.