Are we having a meltdown?

Q

I just got the database is fucked page...and shortly before that I got auto-logged out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
No, we are fine.

It is no one's fault. The board is just having to get used to some changes...

Squiggy

ThunderDick
and my "read " indicators aren't working very well. Sometimes a thread appears unread even if I was the last to post in it... and my shoulder hurts....and my feet are cold....:crying3:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it'll do that when you have an admin's only half-awake who doesn't know PHP and MySQL trying to optimize the code. Sorry.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Put 4 tablespoons of sugar in a glass of water, stir it vigorously and drink it. Repeat as neccessary.....

Q

Whoa...now the whole who's online line up is GONE...

EAT THE SUGAR RIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL!!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That's my code in action :beerbang:

When the load is high unnecessary things get turned off. Unfortunately that doesn't work for people, so you still get me. :lol:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Is that why the avs don't show up every once in a while now too?

Q

Is this something Steve needs to be made aware of? Coz, I'd be happy to let him know, if it is.:yell:

also, I'm checking to see if he has some sort of alarm hooked up to let him know when I post his name.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. This is just my doing. Since we are one of their biggest accounts (out of a few thousand, give or take, if I remember correctly), and he is graciously letting us host on a shared server, I figured I'd return the favor by trying to reduce how much strain we put the server through.