Are we having a meltdown?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The board is running, we can post, we can read. What more can we ask for? fury has a job interview this afternoon and he DOESN'T need everyone demanding that he fix the board. It is more than usuable and we should be grateful for that. He puts in SO much time here can't everyone just NOT complain for ONE day to let him focus on his interview?

Professur

Nixy said:
The board is running, we can post, we can read. What more can we ask for? fury has a job interview this afternoon and he DOESN'T need everyone demanding that he fix the board. It is more than usuable and we should be grateful for that. He puts in SO much time here can't everyone just NOT complain for ONE day to let him focus on his interview?

Pinky, the last thing a body want's to do is focus before an interview. He wants to stay distracted up til the last minute, then pull himself together and knock 'em dead. Thinking about it now will only make him worry, then panic, then ralph.

You wouldn't want to be responsible for him ralphing at his interview, would ya? Hmmm?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i disagree, i think if you do it right (and don't panic), focusing before an interview is the best thing you can do, that way you don't go there pre-occupied with how to reduce the server load.

love the load reducing improvements fury, when you have some time, would it be possible to allow AVs to be loaded from external webspace?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
OK....Now I lost the info at the bottom of forums home. No Calander or whos on...Just PMs and the Shoutbox...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Q said:
Does Steve know our features are dropping like dead flies?
No. I know, though, because I made them.

They shut off when the server load gets too high, and they turn back on when it returns to a normal number.

Until we get a dedicated server, we're gonna have to live with it.

Q

How do we keep ending up with these cheap ass dino-servers. If they have thousands of accounts, can't they afford something more contemporary than a PI with 4mb of RAM?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I know a couple months ago we were posting on the order of 1,000 posts a day, has that number gone up drastically?

By the way, got this the first time I tried posting this.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/samcurry/public_html/otcentral/forum/admin/functions.php on line 815

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: vbdate() in /home/samcurry/public_html/otcentral/forum/admin/sessions.php on line 438

fury

Administrator
Staff member
No, we're more around 500 or so right now. Just that we were then on phpBB which was not nearly as server intensive.
Q said:
How do we keep ending up with these cheap ass dino-servers.
When did a P4 2.0 ghz with two 60 gig hard drives, a gig of ram, and a 500kb/s connection to the internet become cheap?

Q

Did you actually SEE that P4?? Cuz, they could just be telling you that's our server, when really were on this rickety old pI desktop, held together by christmas ribbon, double stick tape and play-doh.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure it's a P4 with a gig of ram and two 60 gig hard drives. Linux doesn't lie.

Steve's gonna change the MySQL config info and restart the mysql server (shouldn't take longer than a few minutes) so brace for impact. Hope it helps *crosses fingers* :beerbang: