At the center of it all

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Given a high enough price tag, I may be willing to whore myself to a homosexual.

I got a nickel!

"What kind of person do you think I am?"

We've already established that, we're just haggling over price. :lol:

Oh, and I wouldn't at any price. I don't know if that makes me anything other than stupid, but it's a hang-up of mine.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
its not a choice...

down to basics, you either get a boner/wet panties over one sex or another, or on the flipside are repulsed by one sex or another... wtf is choice in that?

Just because you look at the menu, it doesn't mean you have to buy. Choice, plain and simple. They made a personal choice and they find same-sex partners more appealing than opposite-sex partners. Their reactions to such partners are caused by their wants/desires/choice in lifestyle. They choose which partners they want. How can it not be a choice?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
oh gimme a fuckin break and get off your high horse. if you are repulsed by one sex and turned on by another, that's it, that's what you are, and there's no choice about it.

my personal feelings on it is that it's a brain chemistry mixup, nevertheless it's not a choice, it just "is"

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
I got a nickel!

"What kind of person do you think I am?"

We've already established that, we're just haggling over price. :lol:

Oh, and I wouldn't at any price. I don't know if that makes me anything other than stupid, but it's a hang-up of mine.

Why is your choice of a heterosexual lifestyle and no other a hang-up? It's your right, and nobody is trying to force you to do something you do not want to do.

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
Still a choice. He responded to his environment in a way he thought was natural. If his environment was different, would he have chosen differently? Nobody can say for sure. Even the 'examples' brought forth by Bish are flawed, because he limits his viewpoint. He even shows his prejudice by calling homosexuality "The Dark Side". I say that those who choose an 'alternative' lifestyle still made a choice. Nobody with an ounce of sanity holds a gun to someones head and says "You will be gay or I'll kill you", and nobody with an ounce of respect for their fellow human being threatens a homosexual with physical harm if they don't become straight. IMO, everything he's mentioned is histrionics and disguised bigotry...

Gato - I called it 'the dark side' in order to lighten up matters. Dark humour if you will...it's an aquired taste. but like all attempts at humour, it has a measure of truth to it. Homosexuality is considered evil. It is considered something which is done 'in the dark' and not in the open. It's barely seeing the beginnings of acceptance in modern society and the majority of homosexuals still see the world through the crack in the closet-door.

As for 'nobody with an ounce of respect for their fellow human being threatens a homosexual with physical harm if they don't become straight.' - I think that you are deluding yourself into thinking that just because you are not the kind of person who would not do this, that you are the norm. There are still quite a few violent acts by groups or individuals against homosexuals, either as a whole or as individuals.

Does the term "Gay-bashing" not ring any bells?

If you are unhappy with my examples...pleaase provide some of your own to either add to my list (which I claimed to be what I was seeing happening) or replace some of them entirely with your interpretation of what's really happening out there.

*Please note that I am still waiting for a rebuttal of my last statement, and by far,the most important aspect of my last post*

IMHO - Despite your sexual-orientation, your gender, your race, your salary, your religious convictions etc...you should have the same legal rights as the person next to you.

The quote is "Government of the people, for the people, by the people" and not "...of the people, for some of the people, by the people"

Either the goverment represents all, or it represents none.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:

There would be a goodly number of zeroes following those nines

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Just for the record, I think it's nature as well. Sure there are choices associated with it, such as the person that does get married, has a kid or two, then fifteen years down the road dicides he just can't hide it anymore and says he's gay. There is most definitely a choice there, a choice that was influenced by the worlds prejudices, but nonetheless a choice.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
*Please note that I am still waiting for a rebuttal of my last statement, and by far,the most important aspect of my last post*

They are not, repeat NOT being told they may not marry. As is the case every single time, the limiting factor is the other party. A heterosexual may not marry an already married person or one who said no or a dead person or whatever. A homosexual may not marry any of those either.

PT

It's nature, it's biological. Environment is nurture.

You are born who you are born. Sure, society can mold you into something else, sometimes I think even permanantly, but with something as strong as sexual feelings, I think the true, natural feelings will eventually come through.

freako104

Gonz said:
They are not, repeat NOT being told they may not marry. As is the case every single time, the limiting factor is the other party. A heterosexual may not marry an already married person or one who said no or a dead person or whatever. A homosexual may not marry any of those either.

they are beng told they cant marry each other arent they?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Well...yea. I was told I can't marry my mother. What's the difference?

PT

Gonz said:
Your mother is good in bed? :D

Ok, sorry bout that, couldn't resist.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Why is your choice of a heterosexual lifestyle and no other a hang-up? It's your right, and nobody is trying to force you to do something you do not want to do.
If someone offered me a million bucks to blow them and I turned it down? That's a hang-up, IMO.

BTW, I agree with Leslie. If you're turned on by one and repulsed by another, that isn't a lifestyle "choice." This is strictly an opinion, I don't have the scientific understanding to make a real determination either way (not sure anyone does at this point in our "understanding" of the human mind). I just believe it's a wiring difference rather than concious choice.

Edit: As for not acting on it, Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

freako104

Gonz said:

one is incest. heterosexual as opposed to homosexual. the homosexuals may not be related to each other(unless they are in which case its homosexual incest). there is a bit of a difference. but if you go by the Bible I think they are both discouraged