Auschwitz: a myth?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Interesting you feel that way, chcr, not that I disagree about the fact that it could happen, it certainly could. I'm currently taking a religon class and just learned about Islam last week. To put all the Islamic people in the same group is a horrible mistake. The Islams do believe that violence is an acceptable course of action, but only in specific instances, namely, defending their homeland, and taking back their homeland. Unfortunately, there are some instances out there right now that will justify their use. Do we wonder why now they are fighting so hard in Iraq? I think the majority of the fighters are not fighting because they support Saddam, but fighting because they don't support the US. Yes, it is possible to not support both at the same time.

freako104

PuterTutor said:
Interesting you feel that way, chcr, not that I disagree about the fact that it could happen, it certainly could. I'm currently taking a religon class and just learned about Islam last week. To put all the Islamic people in the same group is a horrible mistake. The Islams do believe that violence is an acceptable course of action, but only in specific instances, namely, defending their homeland, and taking back their homeland. Unfortunately, there are some instances out there right now that will justify their use. Do we wonder why now they are fighting so hard in Iraq? I think the majority of the fighters are not fighting because they support Saddam, but fighting because they don't support the US. Yes, it is possible to not support both at the same time.

The problem is that most people dont think that there are different sects of Islam. There is a huge history there where people followed the ideals of some of the people in the myths. they support neither regime there you are right.

chcr

Too cute for words
PuterTutor said:
I'm currently taking a religon class and just learned about Islam last week.

Have you gotten to the difference between the Sunis and the Shi'ites yet? There are other sects (kinda like the Baptists and Episcopaleans only a lot more serious, I think) but I understand all the others are a subset of one of these two.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
chcr said:
Have you gotten to the difference between the Sunis and the Shi'ites yet? There are other sects (kinda like the Baptists and Episcopaleans only a lot more serious, I think) but I understand all the others are a subset of one of these two.
Actually we didn't get that involved in the depths of it. From what I understand there are some major differences between the sects, but I don't think the morals change that much. The basic beliefs are still the same, it's just a minority that is using certain passages to back up what they are doing. Much like a minority of Christians could use certain passages of our bible to back up some major violence too.

AlladinSane

chcr said:
If I recall well, the Sunis follow the rules stated by Mohamed to the core. The Shi'ites guide themselves by other set of rules stated by a relative of him who was way more radical...

chcr

Too cute for words
AlladinSane said:
If I recall well, the Sunis follow the rules stated by Mohamed to the core. The Shi'ites guide themselves by other set of rules stated by a relative of him who was way more radical...
Actually, the Shi'ites say that Mohammed chose his son-in-law, Ali, to be the first caliph before his death. The Sunis say that no successor was chosen. In any case, Mohammeds friend, and the first man converted to Islam, Abu Bakr was chosen to be the first caliph. This is the root of the schism as I understand it. Here's some good reading if your interested. Linkage

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
I think the majority of the fighters are not fighting because they support Saddam, but fighting because they don't support the US. Yes, it is possible to not support both at the same time.

THANK YOU PT!!! :kiss:

qtpatootie14

i dont care what anyone says about the Holocaust. It was very true. THere are absolutely NO lies about it. ENuff said....

qtpatootie14

I still think there are NO lies....something like the Holocaust there cant be any lies.....every personal story that you read about someone who has lived through the Holocaust spills out ALL the details....tells you everything about the Holocaust...from start to finish. I have ALOT of books on the Holocaust and everytime i read them i seem to find no lies....its hard to find lies in stories like that. They are so true. :D

markjs

Banned
I have been to Dachau and I have touched the cremetory oven, stood within the gas chamber. I have seen the reconstructed museum and seen countless photos of the atrocities commited there. It's NOT A MYTH! Atrocities were committed.....

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -George Santayana

I have a real problem with anyone trying to spread lies about the holocaust.

PostCode

Major contributor!
When I was stationed in Germany back in 86-88, I had the liberty to tour a few of these horrific places. I can honestly say that a person realized how insignificant they really are in the scheme of things. I viewed, touched, and cried at the furnaces where innocence was burnt away. To see a massive mound of neatly trimmed grass and knowing that under that mound is the remains of countless unknown lives taken away but violent and demonic means really makes a person stop and think about what their own life is worth and how really insignificant we are in this world.

I've read countless upon countless books on this subject and have even ventured into the lands of David Irving but still, I am not even the slightest bit convinced by this so called evidence that the gas chambers did not exist. I've seen plenty of evidence to make a firm believer out of me that they in fact did exist.