Babysitting

Professur

I'm sitting with a 4 month old, teething baby on my lap, while my five year old little girl sings to me from her kindergarden song book.

Someone shoot me.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
MEANY! You shoudl carry her to bed. My dad used to ride my brother ot bed on his back until he was 7 or 8.

Professur

I would have, Nix. I would have. But she'd just walked back into the livingroom from her bedroom to ask me to carry her to bed. And started bawling when I said no. If she'd pleaded instead of crying, I'd have done it. But you can't give a kid their way if they cry about it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Ok, that makes sense then. Definetly don't want to give in in situations like that. That's how kids turn into spoiled brats.

nodnod

Time for punishment. Pick her up and carry her tothe other side of the house then make her walk back to bed :D

unclehobart

Its not a constant habit for her to try and hoodwink you with the ol' 'it huuuurts daddy... it huuuurts... carry me'.

Professur

Yes, it is. Bad knees run in the family. She's been hearing about sore knees her entire life, so it's kinda natural for her to have picked it up.

unclehobart

Ah... a little monkey see, monkey do. Someone should tell her that such arthritis usually takes a little time to kick in.... at least puberty. That is unless the bad knee thing hits your family super early... whch would suck big time.

HomeLAN

I just got through 5 days of sitting my wife's nephew along with my own. Well, actually Karen took the brunt of it since I was at work for 3 of those days, but you get the idea.

The only real positive is that Karen is now fully on board with the "one only plan". :D

Professur

Well, V2.0 just woke up crying and yelling. I got her back to sleep by letting her crash on the couch beside me. So when you hear the snoring, it's not me.