Battlefiel 1942

unclehobart

Thats hella cool. 2000 death tickets and mondo bots. That would be an all day killfest in one of the scenarios where you can't capture all of the spots on the map.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
max of 64 :( (edit-nm;you said tickets, I was looking for players)

I don't see a discernable difference using this method.

In the Battle of Britain, I usually have to shoot one of my guys to grab a jeep to head over to the airfields. They climb in & sit, dipshits.

unclehobart

Its a big difference in that a maxed out normal game would give you like 400 tickets whereas a maxed game as you described can get as ugly as 4000. It is a difference of a sort.

unclehobart

Heres a goodie. Load up the original BF1942 and choose the axis side. Go into your game creation spiel and set it up for a maxed out Berlin scenario. Your side can be made extinct through flag capture, the allied side cannot as they have an uncapturable start zone. That will force you to fight it out to the bitter end. The allies start with 4000 and the Axis starts with like 2400... so it makes it imperative that you keep all of the flags as much as possible to slowly bleed out their superiority and pass them. A pure stalemate fight would eventually grind you both into dust. Also, its tight quarters to make it easy to get back into the fray after your 30+ deaths.

Raven

Annoying SOB
unclehobart said:
Heres a goodie. Load up the original BF1942 and choose the axis side. Go into your game creation spiel and set it up for a maxed out Berlin scenario. Your side can be made extinct through flag capture, the allied side cannot as they have an uncapturable start zone. That will force you to fight it out to the bitter end. The allies start with 4000 and the Axis starts with like 2400... so it makes it imperative that you keep all of the flags as much as possible to slowly bleed out their superiority and pass them. A pure stalemate fight would eventually grind you both into dust. Also, its tight quarters to make it easy to get back into the fray after your 30+ deaths.
Egads.....I may just reinstall it and try that one out!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
WOW!!! I've used some of the DC maps, not realizing they go with a full mod. Get DC .7 from downloads. The "Final" didn't work. After you get that, add DC Extended. Play either one. Desert Combat, ie Desert Storm style stuff, plus the BF1942 maps using modern weapons.

I just spent a coupl eof hours in an Abrams (cool as hell) then I found a A-10 Thunderbolt II. Oh baby.