BBQ 2007

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oh, that's not what I was getting at...I love being in the middle of nowhere. When I went to Darrien Lake we camped and it was great, we cooked our food for the weekend over an open fire, spent the day in the amusement park and spent our evenings staring at the fire (even though it drizzled the whole weekend). I'm just thinking of the fact that some people (like Prof) have children and aren't up for cooking over a fire for several days and if they were to stay in the hotel it would be very expensive to feed a family on hotel food for multiple days. I dunno how others feel about "roughing it" (more so the camping than hotel but still). My perfect BBQ would be pitching a tent somewhere with some water, sitting and looking at the water all day and chatting it up with others and then looking at the fire and chatting it up all night...but many people likely desire more "structure" or "modern conveniences" than that...I don't even need a shower if the lake water is decently unmuddy.

True enough. I didn't realize the place was camp only. That does make a huge difference.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
True enough. I didn't realize the place was camp only. That does make a huge difference.

Nah, there's a hotel...but a family of 4 or 5 living out of a hotel with the only options for food being hotel food and amusement park food (I don't think there's any kitchens in the hotel) is gonna get very expensive VERY fast...

BlurOfSerenity

woah, the maryland suggestion went over better than i expected!
i actually dont know when the crab's good... i'm one of those freak marylanders who doesn't like seafood!
but yeah, there's tons of parks around here, and we've got the inner harbor, dc's also right near here, and cheap hotels are aplenty

BlurOfSerenity

i figured it's kind of central, at least for people living along the east coast-ish.

and in thinking about it, i think i was thinking of other people who don't really post here anymore, in my list of maryland-and-surrounding areas people. like, thulsa doom, for example.

Altron

Maryland would be truly awesome for me. And I'd probably be able to drag along Sawhney89 as well.

Kittie

Whee Maryland :D That would be awesome :3

*wiggles*

Also, like Ash said, there are ALOT of parks and things of the such around here. As of right now, the crabs are still in season (had some last week ^o^~), but since there's no date for the BBQ, Iunno if they will be then.

FluerVanderloo

Yeah, my first thought was Oregon Ridge. :shrug:

I'm guessing the one closest to us would be Patapsco State Park?

I don't know how they are as far as alcohol and general get-togethers though.

How about Columbia? Aren't there a few little areas, at least with a pavilion of some sort? I know there's a little lake back there.