Beauty and the Beast

Professur

89805.jpg

Mare

I thought they were all pretty!
But, I did vote Bald.....she reminded me of someone in a Sci-Fi movie.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Nixy said:
What is that suppose to mean?

That ugly people should not think of themselves as beautiful. They would be better off not caring about beauty and knowing their qualities.

Inkara1

Inkara1 said:
I can see your point. There have been some real bitches, and some evil bitches that make the lower-level bitches look like saints, that I would still have nailed faster than you could say "Ambesol" if given the chance for some hot, no-strings-attached sex. I wouldn't want them around after I finished up, of course.
I was just reading through this thread, and I think this post belongs in the "best of Inky" section.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
That ugly people should not think of themselves as beautiful. They would be better off not caring about beauty and knowing their qualities.

Holy shallow!

EVERYONE is beautiful to SOMEONE. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because someone is not beautiful in the sense of what society pushes on us through the media does NOT mean they are not beautiful in their own way. THEY should think they are because SOMEBODY out there also thinks they are.

I'm big...I don't always think I'm beautiful (but sometimes I do) and a lot of other people don't think I am...but Chris ALWAYS thinks I am and everyone, no matter if they're a cyclops with a humpback, deserves to have someone love them like that and to beable to feel they'r ebeautiful.

Luis G

Staff member
Nixy said:
Holy shallow!

EVERYONE is beautiful to SOMEONE. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because someone is not beautiful in the sense of what society pushes on us through the media does NOT mean they are not beautiful in their own way. THEY should think they are because SOMEBODY out there also thinks they are.

I'm big...I don't always think I'm beautiful (but sometimes I do) and a lot of other people don't think I am...but Chris ALWAYS thinks I am and everyone, no matter if they're a cyclops with a humpback, deserves to have someone love them like that and to beable to feel they'r ebeautiful.

I think that line of thinking is exactly what the media and society are pushing. You think it has solved an issue? NO, the more they talk about "types of beauty" the more people start to look themselves as different, the result, low self-esteem (that could be disguised by an exterior of normal or high self-esteem).

I think a person that is honest with her/himself, acknowledges his qualities and have a good self-esteem because of that is far better than the low self-esteem one who fools himself.

HomeLAN

Wow. Between this and your views on toddlers and Santa Claus, I nominate you for underaged curmudgeon of the year.

Luis G

Staff member
Been told that before, it doesn't change my line of thinking.

Why should people believe something that isn't true? It is no different from telling a white guy he's black or telling a black guy he's white, or that they are black/white in some way or they are black/white to someone, that sure would help minorities feel accepted.

Call a spade a spade, but then again, whatever floats your boat.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
Been told that before, it doesn't change my line of thinking.

Why should people believe something that isn't true? It is no different from telling a white guy he's black or telling a black guy he's white, or that they are black/white in some way or they are black/white to someone, that sure would help minorities feel accepted.

Call a spade a spade, but then again, whatever floats your boat.

Don't tell me that *I* am being affected by the media. Either you have been affected by the media into believing there is only ONE type of beauty or you just think like them naturally...either way...it is you who has the same mind set as the media (I speak of the MAJORITY of th emedia, there is SOME exposure now a days for "accept people for who they are"...like the website that started this thread...)

Luis G

Staff member
Nixy said:
Don't tell me that *I* am being affected by the media. Either you have been affected by the media into believing their is only ONE type of beauty or you just think like them naturally...either way...it is you who has the same mind set as the media (I speak of the MAJORITY of th emedia, there is SOME exposure now a days for "accept people for who they are"...like the website that started this thread...)

My perception of physical beauty is that the is pleasant to my eyes, how silly is that people convince themselves that they are beautiful when even their own eyes tells them otherwise?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
My perception of physical beauty is that the is pleasant to my eyes, how silly is that people convince themselves that they are beautiful when even their own eyes tells them otherwise?

No matter who you are there is atleast one person in this world who thinks that you are beautiful. Also, people wouldn't see themselves as "ugly" they way they do now if the MEDIA didn't push a certain ideal. Just because YOU don't find someone beautiful does not not mean that THEY should not find themselves beautiful and it does not mean that someone else won't find them beautiful.