Beer: What makes a good one, or a bad one?

markjs

Banned
The worlds WORST beer is the self proclaimed "King Of Beers" Buttwiper....er..I mean Budweiser. The stuff is nasty in part because it's made out of rice. It has a flat flavorless carbonation taste with a nasty dull aftertaste YUCK!

They do on occassion make a nice commercial but the "beer" if you can call it that is undrinkable.

tonksy

markjs said:
The worlds WORST beer is the self proclaimed "King Of Beers" Buttwiper....er..I mean Budweiser. The stuff is nasty in part because it's made out of rice. It has a flat flavorless carbonation taste with a nasty dull aftertaste YUCK!

They do on occassion make a nice commercial but the "beer" if you can call it that is undrinkable.
:laugh5: buttwiper.
i am a total snob. i drink foreign beers and microbrews only.

and tonight's sad moment in beer consumption? i am drinking the last of the macaslan apricot wheat ale that i brought back from canada with me :(

PostCode

Major contributor!
The real bud. Budweiser Bürgerbräu Svetly. Had that a lot when I was stationed over in Germany for a couple years drinking the best beer in the world. There are so many good ones over there though I could never say one is better than the other. Each town had it's own local brewery so wherever you went you got the opportunity to try something new. Man I miss that.

Speaking of which I got a Widmer Hefeweizen here. Not nearly as good as German made beer but it's not bad. For the local stuff I prefer the micro brews. Good quality vs. mass produced pee.

Professur

So, what's in everyone's beer fridge right now? I've got 4 Kilkenny, 4 Guiness, and a couple of Chambly Noire

tonksy

About 1/2 a case of Negro Modelo, 1 Oak aged Yeti, some cider, and a few bottles of high octane sipping beers.

Professur

Luis ...you're gonna be married soon. You really need to start being more responsible. A hot one in the bed, and a cold one in the fridge at all times, dude. Quit being such a slacker.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
But I do have these in my room: Old Parr 12, JW green, JW gold and JW blue.

;)

tonksy

I knew that was coming :D

I have a full wine rack (which includes one bottle of Sammy's stuff for a cold rainy day) and fixings for Mojitos and Margaritas.

Professur

In the heavies, I've got one bottle of bourbon (in case HL ever comes), one bottle or amaretto (Nixy) should have a bottle of JD and a bottle of bacardi somewhere but I've not seen them in a while. No whine.

kuulani

I used to do Rolling Rock ... and then I was into Mooseheads. Now it's Bass. My husband is into Guiness Extra Stout. We're our own Black and Tan :toast: