Beers for everyone

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah... I remember hearing about someone doing that and I thought "NEAT" (at that point I couldn't ever remember seeing the falls cause I had only been when I wa slittle) and then the next time I went I thought "OMG! They were nuts!" :D

kuulani

All this talk of waterfalls make me think of Hiilawe Falls. I love hiking to it and just floating on my back in its pool and looking up at the falls and sky (of course, it's only a little drop of water compared to Niagra!!) :D

TMC408.jpg

nalani

kuulani said:
nuh-uh ... 300 *fooling myself into believing that*

yeah-huh ... you juuuuust keep saying that to yourself ... ;)

*mumbling something under my breath about when was the last time we've had a 300 people family party* :D

Professur

Um, the falls have frozen before. Not solid, but a wall of ice. I'd have to look up the book I bought with the photos of it. I believe that a bridge was actually taken out by the amount of ice there.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
hehe Ku'us falls are so tiny! *oogles the cute teensy tiny falls*

Taken the bridge out eh Prof? I think you need to send me this "book" you speak of so I can inspect it myself! :D

nalani

it is the cutest ...

*Officially proclaims that Hawai'i has the cutest teensy falls in all the land!*

:)

nalani

unclehobart said:
nalani said:
it is the cutest ...

*Officially proclaims that Hawai'i has the cutest teensy falls in all the land!*

:)
Now if youre talking mid grade falls... Venezuela is your baby.

*reads what I wrote again* ... nope .. didn't think I said anything about "mid grade falls"

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*imagines Ku coming to Canada and trying to stand under Niagara Falls* :eek:

*checks mail for headphones and book*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
No, you can stand BEHIND the falls (I have done that) but not UNDER them so they are pouring on your head!

Professur

On the American side, you can take the hurricane deck tour and stand under Bridal Veil falls. The part of the falls which passes between Goat island and another outcrop. It's about 10% of the falls total volume, but it is part of Niagra. And you are very much under it (given wind conditions).