Berkeley, CA Wants Marines Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*lightbulb*

If these wastes of DNA would, oh I dunno, maybe go get a JOB they'd have better things to do than make asses of themselves in public.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Where do they get those bullhorns? It seems that all-fools rallies have several on hand. I've never seen on at Sears. :shrug:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Probably the same place they get everything else they have. Gubmint issue. Or Starbucks. They seem to gravitate to the $23 cup of coffee in their Salvation Army clothes for some reason.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ya know, if they switched from Starbucks to Folgers, they could pay their own health insurace & then maybe they'd not make me pay theirs.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Well there ya go. Radio Shack. Don't go there unless I need that impossible to find electrical part-then they don't have it either.

Cerise

Just freakin' unbelievable.

Sergeant Davis, who traveled ahead of the five-bus convoy, stepped from his vehicle into downtown about 3:20 p.m. and was told by a city employee that the mayor wanted him and his soldiers packed up and out by 6 p.m. "The mayor asked them to leave because they frighten people," said Brian Schwartz, the mayor's spokesman. http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080209/NEWS16/802090394

Evidently, seeing a real live United States Marine in uniform close-up is too "frightening" for those with meeker sensibilities. The ones who like to define their "support" for the troops by how much they hate what the troops are doing.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Evidently, seeing a real live United States Marine in uniform close-up is too "frightening" for those with meeker sensibilities.

Here in the hills, we call 'em pussies...

They'll recover. They'll all congregate down to the $25/cup coffee shop(pe) and do 'em a poetry slam and group hug and feel all warm and tingly. Hop in the Prius and go back to the house they can't afford in the gated community that'll be passe in two years and look like a war zone in ten. Turn on some Ellen. Eat tofu. Pout about Amy Winohouse, watch The Biggest Lardass, feel self justified, and go beddy-bye. Maybe dream of the day when everybody (except them...) has to turn over all income to the gubmint in taxes so the "poor" can have more, all the while neglecting the local homeless shelter's food drive and such.

Like I said. Pussies.

Cerise

1067036223_l.jpg

Gullibility, and band-aids on foreheads would be my guess.

:brow:

jimpeel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330197,00.html

Ohio Mayor to Marines: Training Would 'Frighten People'
Saturday, February 09, 2008

An Ohio mayor had a stern order for a company of Marine Corps Reservists: Get out.

The Toledo Blade reports that Toledo Mayor Carty Finkbeiner ordered the Marines out Friday as their buses were arriving for a three-day training mission in the city, where they have periodically trained since 2004.

The 200 Marines, based in Grand Rapids, Mich., had planned to participate in urban patrol exercises in downtown streets and a vacant building, according to the Blade, which reports that past exercises have included mock gun fights, ambushes and the firing of blank ammunition to simulate urban combat.

Finkbeiner said that would be alarming.

"The mayor asked them to leave because they frighten people," Brian Schwartz, the mayor's spokesman, told the newspaper. "He did not want them practicing and drilling in a highly visible area."

Toledo police knew of the plan days in advance, but Finkbeiner apparently didn't, the Blade reports. The Marines turned around and went home to Grand Rapids.

This isn't the first a city has given Marines the cold shoulder.

The City Council in Berkeley, Calif., voted last week to send a message to Marine recruiters that they weren't welcome in the city because of the military's "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy toward gay servicemen and servicewomen.

Following a public uproar, Mayor Tom Bates issued an apology Wednesday to military personnel for any personal offense taken by the council's actions, according to a report in the San Jose Mercury News.

Click here for more on this story from the Toledo Blade.

Click here to read more from the Mercury News.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Carty Finkbeiner

:rofl3:

"The mayor asked them to leave because they frighten people," Brian Schwartz, the mayor's spokesman, told the newspaper. "He did not want them practicing and drilling in a highly visible area."

From all indications, people in Ohio scare right easy. The very sight of

LSU%20Athletics%20Primary.JPG

or

sec_pinwheel_240x247.gif

scares the shit out of 'em.

spike

*lightbulb*

If these wastes of DNA would, oh I dunno, maybe go get a JOB they'd have better things to do than make asses of themselves in public.

Those lightbulbs of yours aren't very bright are they? They probably make more than you do.

Maybe make less silly generalizations too.

spike

What is the cause of this anti-American, anti-war, anti-military mindset?

Anti-war? Killing countless people and wasting countless billions in a farce based on lies. That one is pretty easy.

Anti-American? While killing and wasting tax money in a farce based on lies is certainly anti-American I can't tell you why some on the right still support this absurdity. Gullibility perhaps.

Anti-military? While stretching our military to the breaking point and getting our service members killed and maimed in a farce based on lies and then not taking care of them when they come home is certainly anti-military, I can't tell you why some on the right still support this. They continue to ignore that most of the troops want us out of Iraq while they send them to their deaths.

I think this is gullibility as well. They will say "I support the troops" even though everything they do shows otherwise. The only thing they really support is sending more people to their death. That's not really support though.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Well then, let 'em pay their own damned insurance.

*without having wasted time on the predictable stimulus for the above...)*

[spikethink] NO! We MUST take money from those who manage to scrape pocket change together (except me) and give it to somebody else! The working should pay for the unwilling to work! Hands have been stuck out, and it is YOUR place to fill those hands with gubmint goodies! [/spikethink]

:retard4:

Status
Not open for further replies.