Berkeley, CA Wants Marines Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't think you understand how this works Jim. Bush is the commander-in-chief. Are you actually trying to absolve him from all responsibility in the Iraq

Yet only Congress may declare & finance the war.

spike

Then why haven't they withdrawn the declaration or defunded the war? They have that power. Why haven't your heroes done that?

Too many Republicans still in Congress and the pres has veto.

Take a class or something JIm.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Then why haven't they withdrawn the declaration or defunded the war? They have that power. Why haven't your heroes done that?

At this point, they'd need to have a President who wouldn't veto any bill with that language to have a free run. The proper time to voice their anti-war sentiment was when they were voting for an authorization of force. Even if a Dem gets elected President, they'd need a solid majority to defund the military action...which would be in direct violation of Article I, Section 8 with the funding issue...the very Article they used to prosecute this action to begin with. They first have to withdraw the so-called declaration, which was not a formal declaration, so it may have no bearing on the matter except for 'chest-thumping' by those with no moral compass...

jimpeel

Too many Republicans still in Congress and the pres has veto.

Take a class or something JIm.

They claimed they would get us out of the war and they have not. You believe, and voted for, them based on that promise.

They could have hoisted a bill to do what I said even though it would have been vetoed. THEY DIDN'T, THEY HAVEN'T, AND THEY WON'T!

Live with that fact. They lied to you and you STILL haven't woken up to that fact. The most tragic part is that you will vote for them again based upon the same lie being told to you still one more time. You and your ilk are their useful idiots.

jimpeel

At this point, they'd need to have a President who wouldn't veto any bill with that language to have a free run. The proper time to voice their anti-war sentiment was when they were voting for an authorization of force. Even if a Dem gets elected President, they'd need a solid majority to defund the military action...which would be in direct violation of Article I, Section 8 with the funding issue...the very Article they used to prosecute this action to begin with. They first have to withdraw the so-called declaration, which was not a formal declaration, so it may have no bearing on the matter except for 'chest-thumping' by those with no moral compass...

They could have put it before him to use as a foil in the election -- but they didn't.

They could have placed it before him to try to embarass him -- but they didn't.

They could have placed it before him to show their conviction -- but they didn't.

They could have placed it before him to appease their electorate and show they were trying to do what they promised -- but they didn't.

The best they have come up with is time tables and restaging plans all of which benefit the enemy. Hell, even Murtha -- we all remember him even though Pelosi has kicked him to the curb -- admits that the surge worked ands is working.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
When/if the (D)'s win the White House, we will still be in Iraq. When the (D) leaves ofice in 4 years, we will still be in Iraq.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*lightbulb*

Lemme see here...they want the Marines out of their town....they hate the military...factor in the knowns about their behavioral pattern...

SOLUTION

Let's round up all the freedom hating, gubmint tit sucking, Starbucks addicted, liberal arts major, Goodwill clothes wearing, tree hugging denizens of Berkeley, and put 'em on a plane. Let's put all our soldiers fighting overseas on another plane. Bring our soldiers home, and ship these malcontents to the Middle East. That way we wouldn't have to listen/see/smell them, they could achieve their ultimate wet dream of living in a society where a strong central gubmint tells them every breath to take, and we wouldn't have to nuke Berkeley.

Brilliant, I know. Y'all can thank me later. Right now, let's get these airplanes fueled up right quick like. Spring thaw's acomin, and ain't nothin stinks like unwarshed liberal in warm weather.

Gato_Solo

*lightbulb*

Lemme see here...they want the Marines out of their town....they hate the military...factor in the knowns about their behavioral pattern...

SOLUTION

Let's round up all the freedom hating, gubmint tit sucking, Starbucks addicted, liberal arts major, Goodwill clothes wearing, tree hugging denizens of Berkeley, and put 'em on a plane. Let's put all our soldiers fighting overseas on another plane. Bring our soldiers home, and ship these malcontents to the Middle East. That way we wouldn't have to listen/see/smell them, they could achieve their ultimate wet dream of living in a society where a strong central gubmint tells them every breath to take, and we wouldn't have to nuke Berkeley.

Brilliant, I know. Y'all can thank me later. Right now, let's get these airplanes fueled up right quick like. Spring thaw's acomin, and ain't nothin stinks like unwarshed liberal in warm weather.

That means I'd have to work those missions. No thank you. The idea of having to force those folks either on to, or off of, an airplane is not my idea of a good time. They won't go because they'll figure out in a New York minute that they will no longer have the 'right to bitch', and you'll have pandemonium. Better to fence off the area, remove all federal offices, and cut all federal dollars from entering...just like was proposed...except for the fence. Gotta have a fence to keep them from 'infecting' the rest of the country with their brand of jibberish.

BTW...this does not mean that you have to agree with everything the government does. There are legal and ethical ways to do that rather than to bar recruiters from doing their job as required by Article I, Section 8...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
That means I'd have to work those missions. No thank you. The idea of having to force those folks either on to, or off of, an airplane is not my idea of a good time.

Two words for ya there Gato. Cattle. Prod.

They won't go because they'll figure out in a New York minute that they will no longer have the 'right to bitch', and you'll have pandemonium.

What makes you think that? Show me one other thing they've figured out.

As to the right to bitch, kinna hard to hear that over the sound of machine gun fire I'd imagine.

Better to fence off the area, remove all federal offices, and cut all federal dollars from entering...just like was proposed...except for the fence. Gotta have a fence to keep them from 'infecting' the rest of the country with their brand of jibberish.

Hard to argue with that. Take their allowance away and most children behave a little better for a little while. These children wouldn't be much different, except for that smell...mothballs I think it is, still lingering on their Goodwill clothes.

BTW...this does not mean that you have to agree with everything the government does.

I don't. Haven't you noticed? :p

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

you know who else liked to forcefully relocate people?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
LINCOLN!!!!

but seriously, what happened to freedom of speech?

If you don't like what they have to say, ignore them.

jimpeel

OMG

people standing up for what they believe!!

how distasteful

How many laws that invade your privacy, rights, and lifestyle have started out as a "suggestion" by some government hack or special interest group? How fast has the law then spread to other states and communities? How many of those laws have been enhanced over and over to further encroach on your rights and become ever more restrictive with time?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
How many laws that invade your privacy, rights, and lifestyle have started out as a "suggestion" by some government hack or special interest group? How fast has the law then spread to other states and communities? How many of those laws have been enhanced over and over to further encroach on your rights become ever more restrictive with time?

If you want laws, you have to pay the price, if you want anarchy, then you don't. They protest, and try to get laws passed, isn't that what a democracy is about?

jimpeel

If you want laws, you have to pay the price, if you want anarchy, then you don't. They protest, and try to get laws passed, isn't that what a democracy is about?

Democracy is mob rule best described, but wrongly attributed to Ben Franklin, as two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner.

Gato_Solo

LINCOLN!!!!

but seriously, what happened to freedom of speech?

If you don't like what they have to say, ignore them.

I guess you don't see the whole thing. Here we have a group with a FEDERAL MANDATE doing a job they are MANDATED to do. Now we have a group of people, who don't agree with the FEDERAL MANDATE, unilaterally deciding to remove those FEDERALLY MANDATED people from their job. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with this. They are acting AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION. The very document that gives them their "free speech".

Status
Not open for further replies.