bin Laden Death Report

chcr

Too cute for words
Besides defeating his country, humiliating him on the USS Missouri (in their culture) & making his position completely useless, nothing.

And that, my friend, is the whole difference that you deny even exists. Hirohito had a country. Bin Laden has (had maybe) a ragtag group of muslim extremists and the tacit support of several muslim run governments, many of whom we were and are allied with. Attacking Afghanistan didn't work, attacking Iraq didn't work. Iran next? Shin Tzu said it first (AFAIK) but it still applies. If you don't understand your enemy you are doomed to defeat.

You're in favor of the nuclear option, then? Who do you nuke?

Re WWIII, it hasn't started yet. I understand that you and a lot of folks like you want it to though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I deny? Repetition gets old yet it must be taken to task since some people are unable to grasp large concepts.

I agree that binLaden has zilch with the current model. I think he's already dead. Have for quite a while. Irrelevent. He's a figure head. I was relpying to your sentiment of what's the point-who'd he kill. Same goes with any figurehead since about 1650.

Knowing our enemy is precisely what has landed the appeasers & the hawks in this curren tmode of trouble. Somalia was the straw that broke the camels back. After decades of non (or insufficient) response to terrorism, our turning tail & bailing out of there put steel in their spine. These people respect strength. Showing fear & intimidation makes them more viscious. Many of them have spoken of Mogadishu in regards to our will & strength. They killed a dozen US soldiers & we killed 750 militia yet WE RAN AWAY. Take that, add to it our incessent infighting & recent history of not being able to stomach the long term war & we have todays crop of murderers & thugs looking to pick us apart.

Keep fighting & they will eventually run out of volunteers. Given the US/terrorist death ratio-we're kicking ass. It's not Grenada. It'll take more than an hour & the map is far larger than most want to admit. Iraq & Afghanistan are mere battles in a larger plan. They are not seperate & they are not individual. War on Terrorism...Iran is a major threat & has been since 1978. Pakistan is an generally friendly government that needs to open its borders & allow us free rein to end the charade.

Nuclear option-not particularly needed, at this point. A small yield warhead could be used with bunker busters to make Tora Bora & vicinity yesterdays news.

I understand that you and a lot of folks like you want it to though.
When you wake up it may be too late. I don't want it. It is happening already. Somethings are inevitable. Had the President not had to fight the American media, the American liberal & half of Europe we'd possibly ahve avoided this & been done already.

Your sand awaits.
Img36.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz, what I said was that our government and media make (or made if you prefer) too big of a deal out of him, not "what's the point-who'd he kill." The point is that our "way of life" is under no real threat from these people. The threat you think they pose is from within by the way we react to them. I'm sure that all the folks with a vested interest in your being terrified are gratified by your reaction though. It's just what the terrorists want after all. Congratulations for continuing to give it to them. :rolleyes: You're reaction is typical, but I assure you that I can see what is going on and you are the one with your head in the sand. Enjoy your ride on the bandwagon as long as it lasts. Within a year or two there'll be another horrifying cause for you to consider. There always is.

chcr

Too cute for words
Knowing our enemy is precisely what has landed the appeasers & the hawks in this curren tmode of trouble. Somalia was the straw that broke the camels back. After decades of non (or insufficient) response to terrorism, our turning tail & bailing out of there put steel in their spine.
This one deserves a second post of it's own. Knowing your enemy does not imply and in fact has nothing to do with appeasing him. Knowing your enemy has nothing to do with not responding and everything to do with how to respond effectively. Would you at least agree that we have not, in any case, responded effectively to international terrorism up to now? Perhaps if the people who make themselves responsible for said responses actually understood that they won't react the way we do our responses would be more effective.

Professur

Not one attack in over 50 years. Sure did.

Wrong. Different kind of warfare, sunshine. Economic warfare.

Early warfare was based on killing the other guy's army
Then they learned that if you destroy his logistics, his soldiers can't fight. No food, bullets, clothes, etc.
Then they learned that you can drain his warchest more by injuring his soldiers than killing them.
Now they've learned to stop you putting any money into the warchest to start with, while filling theirs. After all, what's the goal of war in the first place? To take their treasures, land, people, etc. I'd say the Japanese won without firing a shot.

chcr

Too cute for words
Wrong. Different kind of warfare, sunshine. Economic warfare.

Early warfare was based on killing the other guy's army
Then they learned that if you destroy his logistics, his soldiers can't fight. No food, bullets, clothes, etc.
Then they learned that you can drain his warchest more by injuring his soldiers than killing them.
Now they've learned to stop you putting any money into the warchest to start with, while filling theirs. After all, what's the goal of war in the first place? To take their treasures, land, people, etc. I'd say the Japanese won without firing a shot.

Except that Japan's economy would last about three days without the US as a market. Mutual self interest helps there. They are much better off as a country now than they were before we "beat" them though, sure enough.