*bitchslaps O.E.* !@# $

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
WHY? why won't it remember the passwords for my email accounts?! :cuss:

WHY?????????????????

OE6, XP home,

It'll remember the passwords after I've entered them while it's open, but if it's closed and reopened I have to enter them all over again, and then again if I want to send anything. :cuss:
"remember password" is ticked for all of them...I've done that at least 6142 times.

WHY??!! *collapses in frustrated tears*

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Are you entering them under Options, Accounts, or are you just entering them when it pops up the box while it's checking the mail?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Accounts and when it's popping up.

in Accounts I enter it, hit apply, close that, and if I reopen that the password field is blank once again, with remember password still happily ticked :cuss:

HomeLAN

Not really, it's just Winblows being a shithead.

The issue is that Uncle bill wants you to mess with your registry to fix it. That should be OK, but may mandate a reinstall of Windows if something screws up.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
all the options in there were greyed out by the way...i.e. permissions and so on...it's set up so I can't change much in there even if I want to :confuse3:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm still here, it's not broke yet. Squiggy and I went SHOPPING :D

will get a screenie.

chcr

Too cute for words
Les, are you sure those servers are correct? If you have incorrect account info, OE just asks for the password again.

Clarissa

A nice girl
Ok! something i know! :D I've had to setup our office alot. Chcr is right, uncheck it type in the proper stuff and recheck it. It should save the last one you typed in.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
chcr, everything's right as far as the servers go...and I've retyped it a gabizillion times and it only remembers and works fine till I close the window...then when opened again it has forgotten it all :(

*bitchslaps OE again* :grumpy: