*bitchslaps O.E.* !@# $

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Les, those servers can't be right. They should be something in the form of a web address, more like mail.rogers.com or something like that.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
nope, that's the way it's always been, since i got rogers. Nix can prolly verify that.
the mail works as soon as i enter the password

PT

That's really odd. It has to have the address of where the mail actually is, and I have a hard time thinking that it actually comes from a server named pop. Will you try mail.rogers.com for me?

PT

Oh, and just use the username minus the @rogers.com in the username box too.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
i can get the mail...oe isn't remembering the password to it...I keep having to fill it back in :confuse3:

PT

Please? It's a hunch, but I really think this will work. It may be that it's not saving it thinking you are on a public computer, and just entering your whole email addy in the username box, it may be resolving it to find out where to look for it. If you put the mail.rogers.com in the box, then it might just save the password cause it knows it's not a public machine then.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:confuse3:
[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=195650[/attachment]

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 28

PT

Ok this could be it.

Do you have the bottom box checked?

[attachment]195657[/attachment]

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
yep, got that checked, filled that password in a gabizillion times too :tardbang:

* I think I'm doomed

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think so too...there's something in it that's just not right.

k...this is a Compaq...no cd came with it...is that what's in the D: drive?

PT

Huh?

One last thing to try. Delete the account entirely, go to that page I posted above, and set it all up again, making sure to enter the password and check the box that says to save the password. I know, I'm asking alot here, but that's about the only other thing I can think to do.

chcr

Too cute for words
Leslie said:
is that what's in the D: drive?
Yes. That is what's in D:
*remembers how long he had to piss and moan to get company to stop buying compaq*