Bloomberg on the proposed Muslim community center

Discussion in 'Kiddie Korner' started by spike, Aug 7, 2010.

1. spike New Member

Full text here:

http://www.mikebloomberg.com/index.cfm?objectid=38F02174-C29C-7CA2-FB24F2BA115AF739
  2. ResearchMonkey Bigoted homophobic white supremacist trailer trash Well-Known Member

Good thing the American people can.
  3. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

I believe I will now move to Manhattan and, without capital, amass an automatic weapons factory, museum & shooting range. Bloomberg would be happy, no?
  4. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

Then, I'll finance a Nuclear Bomb monument in Hiroshima.
  5. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

The, I'll find my friends from Israel, (we haven't spoken in years :( ) and we can start a Synagogue in Mecca.
  6. spike New Member

How do you figure?
  7. spike New Member

Why would he care and how are you going to do it without capital?
  8. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

I'll ask the terrorists, just like Faisal
  9. spike New Member

I think that would be up to local zoning laws and such. Not really comparable though.
  10. spike New Member

Why would you ask terrorists?

Damn man. Just type your point already.
  11. ResearchMonkey Bigoted homophobic white supremacist trailer trash Well-Known Member

It's an American thing, you wouldn't understand.
  12. spike New Member

Oh I understand American things far better than you do. So does Bloomberg.
  13. ResearchMonkey Bigoted homophobic white supremacist trailer trash Well-Known Member

No, you really don't. That would explain why you're working so hard to fundamentally change the nation.
  14. spike New Member

Sure I do. You'd be the one trying to change the nation in this case.
  15. spike New Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentis...g/07/ground-zero-mosque-row-michael-bloomberg
  16. valkyrie exile Well-Known Member

I don't believe there's anything stopping you but this doesn't make any sense with what was planned. There's no connection here. The people involved aren't putting up a monument to terrorism.
    Since when did we proclaim Manhattan to be the Christian holy city? (I'm assuming your going for the Christian equivalent angle here, but I'm not sure.)
  17. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

How about a Jewish Synagogue (aren't Christian centers called Churches?). Not Christian...how many Jewish Holy Centers are allowed in Mecca? How about Churches?

Not a monument to terrorism? Perhaps you've not looked into Rauf. The simple fact is, this asshole is placing this Mosque as an insult. There are plenty of Mosques in NYC. Hell, he can build it in any of a thousand places & nobody will give a shit. Instead, he's rubbing the nose of NYers right in it. He's using our system against us & laughing all the way.
  18. Altron LIKE A BOSS!!!!! Well-Known Member

But, Gonz, it's our system.

In any other country, you would not be free to build something as controversial as this mosque. A Jewish Synagogue in Mecca? Of course that would never be permitted. Nor would an atomic bomb monument in Hiroshima. In most parts of the world, that concept would be insane.

However, we are not most parts of the world. We are not any other country. We are a free country.

Anyone who has any idea about what this country stands for can clearly see that their right to freely practice their religion on their own private property far outweighs any 'right' you may think you have to not be offended by them.

The 'war' between radical Islam and the United States is not just a physical one, it is an ideological one. They don't hate us individually - they hate our freedom and our equality. If we give up those in order to fight them, then they win.

The Taliban wants our decisions to be ruled by fear, and ruled by hate. They do not want our decisions to be ruled by justice, liberty, and equality. When we stoop to their level, they win. By continuing strict adherence to the principles that our nation is founded upon, we send a message that no matter what crimes they commit against us, they can never achieve their ultimate goal of making us abandon those principles.
  19. spike New Member

Gonna need some proof for that one. Also it's not a Mosque and it's not at ground zero.
  20. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

Fair enough. Tell me then, why was a church turned down, on the exact same spot, due to the city wanting that site to attract a taxpaying enterprise?