Bombs, steriods, and Hitler! The stuff of right wing christian terrorists.

ResearchMonkey

Wow, that's rock solid reporting there Spike, you.found.a.thread.posted.on.a.ning before anything was known, it doesn't come anymore accurate than that!

Good job, keep up the good work. you're one clever fella.
igorbrain.png

(got any more global warming scientific consensus) :rofl:

spike

Your super clever unsourced claim about one of them registering as democrat without telling us who he voted for was amazing.

1. Hitler and the Nazi party were right wing conservative fear mongerers. But these guys were also into the Turner Diaries. White supremacist crap. McVeigh.

2. WND and CNSNews promoters. Seriously right wing news.

3. Definitely Christian.

4. Try and act like there's not right wing christian terrorists.

5. ???????????????????????????

6. Profit.

Cerise

Strange how the left drools over the "white Christian rural Militia groups" while they go to great lengths to ignore the "black homegrown radical Muslim Jihadists" such as Fort Hood murderer Nidal Hasan. Absofuckinlutely pathetic. When conservatism takes back this country in Nov. '10 and '12, a 'rat sighting in DC will be will be a rarity for the next 20 years! :elaugh4:

spike

The left can recognize white christian right wing teahadist terrorists as well as black muslim murderers like Nidal. It's pathetic when some only want to recognize one or the other.

valkyrie

I think it was more of the planned murder of police officers that got them in trouble.
That might be the zipper on their body bag. I would not consider the Hutaree to be a real militia group if their goals were such. It puts a stain on the true militia groups out there. It sullies the label.

valkyrie

I agree with this statement completely. The powers that be, on the other hand, would far rather the partisan bickering continue unabated.
Agreed. Both ends of the political spectrum would rather all of us continue name calling each other rather than to focus on the real issues of this country that continue to be ignored.
Education
- from quality to funding, this issue has been swept under the rug for decades
Health Care
- I still think this is an issue unresolved
Public Debt
- An out of control spending that began during the Bush administration, doubling our deficit in the 8 years Bush was in power. This problem continues and the current administration needs to put a stop to it.
Dependency on foreign oil to meet our energy needs

MrBishop

Potassium chlorate is potentially a primer component, but not alone. In fact, there's many more easily and more reliable sources ... reloading primers specifically.
Potassium chlorate has very limited uses... it's not a common household chemical. You're not going to use it as a cleaner, or degreaser or any other useage other than for ammo (less so because it's been surplanted) and mixing with gasoline or other accelerants to make explosives. I'd put the ownership/purchase of large amounts of that product right along with someone without a farm buying tons of liquid fertilizer. *Which is why buying large amounts of said fertilizer raises red flags.

White-wash it anyway you like, Prof...but there's no way that this was an 'innocent purchase' and that the law was over-reacting in their seizing of it.

valkyrie

And when you think about it....Isn't it up to the "powers that be" to decide what stands and what falls? Cry me a river. :rolleyes:
No, it's up to you. We have a representative government and your voice will be heard. Speak to your elected officials and let them know your opinion on issues you feel are important. But you will need to present intelligent, logical supporting information to back up your position, not just "Obama is a Nazi/Maoist/<insert negative here>" statements. If you can manage that then you WILL be heard. Don't wait until it's voting time to speak at the ballot. That is often too late to make a difference.

The people ARE being manipulated into political bickering and parroting negative political name calling. It feeds the mob but it doesn't get anything done. It's what they want because as long as the people are focused away from the issues then the politicians are off the hook for making any decisions that might risk their positions of power.

Professur

Potassium chlorate has very limited uses... it's not a common household chemical. You're not going to use it as a cleaner, or degreaser or any other useage other than for ammo (less so because it's been surplanted) and mixing with gasoline or other accelerants to make explosives. I'd put the ownership/purchase of large amounts of that product right along with someone without a farm buying tons of liquid fertilizer. *Which is why buying large amounts of said fertilizer raises red flags.

White-wash it anyway you like, Prof...but there's no way that this was an 'innocent purchase' and that the law was over-reacting in their seizing of it.

I'm not trying any such thing. My point is 'innocent until proven guilty'. The list of stuff seized had no business being published. The reasons for possession are personal. Hey Bish ... if I've got Uranium and Plutonium in my house and your wonderful cops raid me, am I a terrorist bent of destruction, or a rock collector with a great samples kit? And for the record, Potassium chlorate does have several very beneficial uses. One, it's a great pesticide that's non toxic to household pets. Second, many divers use it to oxygenate under water caves.

MrBishop

Safe for pets??!? Are you kidding me? Have you ever read the MSDS for this thing?

Toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity.

MrBishop

I'm not trying any such thing. My point is 'innocent until proven guilty'. The list of stuff seized had no business being published. The reasons for possession are personal. Hey Bish ... if I've got Uranium and Plutonium in my house and your wonderful cops raid me, am I a terrorist bent of destruction, or a rock collector with a great samples kit? And for the record, Potassium chlorate does have several very beneficial uses. One, it's a great pesticide that's non toxic to household pets. Second, many divers use it to oxygenate under water caves.

Freedom of the press.... if it sells more papers, the press will use it. You know that. It's hardly surprising to see someone tried in the papers long before they see the inside of a courthouse.

If you'd been bragging about how you're planning on making the smallest viable nuclear bomb and the cops found plutonium and enriched uranium at your place..plus plans on how to make your own nuclear bomb, you'd be hard pressed to prove that those samples are just for show. Hell, I'd wonder where you got those 'samples' and how well shielded your showcase was, eh.

Professur

Actually, the samples are available to any highschool chem lab. Whipping up a fake letter head .... well, you work in that field. No need for me to tell you. And uranium ore you could carry around in your pocket. Called pitchblende, you probably get a bigger radiation dose from your cellphone. U-235 you could have as a paperweight on your desk and suffer little more exposure than flying intercontinental once a week. Sample quantities are comparably safe when compared to starting your car inside your garage every morning.

BTW, what is that you're building on the side of your house? From the little I saw, it really doesn't flow with the rest of the structure. Did you maybe draw it up so I can see the finished product?

And no, i didn't look up the MSDS at all. I looked up the pesticide made with it.

Freedom of the press doesn't extend to investigations in progress.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Our nation has a long & storied history of intense political fighting. Too bad they shied away from dueling.

spike

Local Tea Party Leader Who Suggested Shooting Hispanics Now Is Wanted By Cops -- Tweets: 'Arm Yourself'.

Police are searching for a local Tea Party leader in Ohio who is wanted for violating a temporary protection order. Meanwhile, speakers at a Tea Party rally organized by the man, Brian "Sonny" Thomas, have pulled out after he suggested in a tweet that he wanted to shoot Hispanic immigrants -- then blaming it on a Bee Gees song.

Thomas is the founder and president of the Springboro Tea Party in southwest Ohio. He faces a misdemeanor charge after recently going to the home of the mother of his son, in violation of a protection order. The woman had previously told police that their son had returned from Thomas's home with bruises.

Thomas had already been in hot water, after he tweeted during a march in support of immigration reform: "Illegals everywhere today! So many spicks makes me feel like a speck. Grr. Where's my gun?"

Thomas's son, and the son's mother, are Hispanic.

Thomas denied to the Dayton Daily News that he had ever bruised his son. He also said that his anger was focused on illegal immigrants, not legal American citizens like his son.

Thomas has written on his website that the tweet was "facetious." He also explained it to CNN yesterday by saying that he had been listening to the Bee Gees song "Spicks and Specks." "I made the reference to the song, not stopping to think of the era that it was produced from and taken out of context could be so offensive to some people," he said.

The Bee Gees song is not about race. It contains the line: "Where are the girls I left all behind, the spicks and the specks of the girls on my mind?"

In response to the tweet, several local Ohio pols, including former congressman Jim Traficant, announced that they would not participate in a Tea Party rally that Thomas has been planning to mark Tax Day.

The tweet wasn't the first evidence that Thomas may be unusually preoccupied with race. Among the links to the Springboro Tea Party site is one to a site called white-pride.org, which sells t-shirts expressing pride in various European ancestries. CNN found a picture on Thomas's MySpace page -- no longer available -- of him wearing a "white pride" t-shirt. The "White Pride" slogan is frequently used by white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

As police searched for him yesterday, Thomas tweeted: "Did You Know There are Over 300 Fema Concentration Camps in The United States". He linked to an extremist website telling readers to "resist the new world order." He also tweeted: "Professionals advise 'Arm yourself' When Seconds Count - Cops are minutes away."

The controversy over Thomas comes at a time when the Tea Party movement is seeking to present a more mainstream and less controversial image to the public. A group of Tea Partiers recently announced a new federation, designed in part to fight back against charges of racism and extremism.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...ader_who_suggested_shooting_hisp.php?ref=mblt

MrBishop

Actually, the samples are available to any highschool chem lab. Whipping up a fake letter head .... well, you work in that field. No need for me to tell you. And uranium ore you could carry around in your pocket. Called pitchblende, you probably get a bigger radiation dose from your cellphone. U-235 you could have as a paperweight on your desk and suffer little more exposure than flying intercontinental once a week. Sample quantities are comparably safe when compared to starting your car inside your garage every morning.

BTW, what is that you're building on the side of your house? From the little I saw, it really doesn't flow with the rest of the structure. Did you maybe draw it up so I can see the finished product?

And no, i didn't look up the MSDS at all. I looked up the pesticide made with it.

Freedom of the press doesn't extend to investigations in progress.

I used to write MSDSs - many MANY really scary products rolling around on the Decarie Interchange daily. If this particular chemical is modified and added to other products, it can be used as a pesticide..but as a stand-alone chemical, it's not something you're want to spread around people or your house. It's highly volatile and prone to auto-combustion...it's more likely to be an effective pesticide because it set your house on fire and bugs don't like fire.

Uranium and Plutonium, you could probably find if you go hunting about an hour north of Mirabel with a geiger counter and a pick. Chebougamou (sp?) would be better. It'll be small amounts. It certainly won't be in the amounts, concentration or form used in nuclear bombs. That's differentiate between your rock collection and your bomb-making gear fairly easily.

MrBishop

FEMA camps and the executive order are old news. The EO is Ford's (1976) and the FEMA camps were for WWII.