'Braveheart' sword leaves Scotland

chcr

Too cute for words
Heh, I made a broadsword from a leaf spring once. Lost it in a move years ago. I have a tourist trap samurai sword that my son bought for us when he was in Japan (evidently they want serious money for the real thing). Oh, and a lightsabre "with actual Star Wars sound." :nerd:

freako104

Professur said:
For a sword with that much leverage, that is extremely heavy. Try holding a broom at arm's length for any length of time. Now go weigh it and see what it weighs.

makes sense now.

Chic: Katanas are usually expensive regardless of whether they are authentic or not. but the authentic ones always will cost more. even here in the states they ask for serious money for them

chcr

Too cute for words
freako104 said:
Chic: Katanas are usually expensive regardless of whether they are authentic or not. but the authentic ones always will cost more. even here in the states they ask for serious money for them

It has a lovely black laquer scabard and display stand too. If I can figure out WTF is wrong with my camera interface I'll post a pic.

Lopan

Professur said:
Lopan, do they still teach The Declaration of Arbroath in your schools? Or have they traded it in for French lessons?

I have no idea, it wasn't part of our curriculum. The teaching of British history changes from school to school. They probably teach it in Scotland, since devolution Scotland have gone off on a tangent.