British troops say attacked by U.S. "cowboy" pilot

ris

i heard on the news today that the british government was pretty concerned to find out in january that us pilots hadn't been training to identify british challenger tanks. bloody hell, even i can tell the difference between russian armour and brit stuff, and i know the square root of fuck all.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Prison. That and he should personally pay for funeral expences plus personally visit those families and apologixe. If he gets his ass kicked by them, oh well.

MuFu

Yeah - a pretty nasty incident. Hopefully this one will just get buried, because it does just sound like the work of a solitary, trigger-happy fuckass.

On the TV they said a tank fired a red flare or something after he shot, signifying ally, and one of the tanks actually had a union jack flag on it.

A.B.Normal

Justintime said:
On the TV they said a tank fired a red flare or something, signifying ally, and one of the tanks actually had a union jack flag on it.

:disgust2: Hopefully ,they get to the bottom of this quick,calling in airsupport is supposed to be good thing.

Professur

MuFu said:
Yeah - a pretty nasty incident. Hopefully this one will just get buried, because it does just sound like the work of a solitary, trigger-happy fuckass.

The two trigger happy fuckasses that bombed the canadians in 'Gan are still going through the system. It doesn't seem to be solitary.

MuFu

I guess. :(

Do you think this type of incident can ever be avoided though? Always going to be one or two fuckasses that slip through the system...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
No, Moof, you can't always avoid it. This guy was probably on the biggest natural high he's ever been on. Finally got to get in that cockpit and fire real live rounds at real live targets. No matter how many times you do it in training, it's going to be different when you get to do it for real. I'm not excusing him by any means, I think the bastard should rot in prison somewhere, but it is a risk you take when you put a guy in control of a machine like that.

greenfreak

All these friendly fire incidents make me sad and somewhat ashamed. Not only did this guy not take the time to make sure he wasn't attacking his allies, he went around for a *second* sweep?! This fucking sucks.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
The two trigger happy fuckasses that bombed the canadians in 'Gan are still going through the system.

Night, live fire, men with weapons, no tags vs day, Union Jack on tanks, tags...not better, just less idiotic.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's still questionable. I'm not defending their actions, todays stupidity seems more horrendous in light of circumstances.

A.B.Normal

I'm less than impressed with the killing of the Canadians ,but firing at British & Iraqis when they are expressly forbidden to threaten civilians and it happened in Daylight :( If the British weren't there it would never have been reported ,wonder if this has happened to Iraqis when nobody is around?

A.B.Normal

Anyone here more on this ? can't believe its not being coraberated(sp) by non-US sources or denied by US military.:confuse3:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've been mildy upset that I can't find anything about it on US news sources. The only thing I've found was on BBC.