Broken Heart

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
What do I do? I have never experienced this before. I love him, we've been together a long time, now he broke up with me. :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:( Sorry Nixy.

Take a little while to wallow, everyone is entitled to that, then pick yourself up, and after that the best you could do for yourself is take some time for yourself, try to just be Nixy for awhile, not part of a couple, you'll like it when you get used to it, I promise. :) And it's a good time to take some time to think as well, really get to know yourself as an individual. You guys were together a long time, time as yourself will be good for you.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm afraid I am never going to find anyone else ever.

Things like the fact that every other girl in engineering was getting hit on at our engineering day except me makes me think like that...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
There's someone out there, and it's good whoever it is is not around exactly right now, you need the time.

And you wouldn't want to just stay with him and just because you might not find someone else would you? That's not the kind of relationship you deserve.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The fact that he is able to care SO little after SO long hurts SO much :(

Nixy said:
I'm afraid I am never going to find anyone else ever.

Things like the fact that every other girl in engineering was getting hit on at our engineering day except me makes me think like that...

or you didn't notice/care. now, is the time to start the most important journey in your life, finding out who YOU are. it's better to be able to live, alone, with oneself than to live less than one is capable with another.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:( I know.

That's all a part of drifting apart, I think you must know that you guys were drifting apart for awhile, he probably does care deep down, but is being strong and hard to make sure what he thinks is right happens. He's never seemed the most expressive guy, from what you've said.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I would have noticed because I WANTED it to happen, I wanted to be hit on.

I have no problems with being along right now I just feel as though I am never going to fond someone. Noone ever showed interest in me before him so why should anyone show it after?

honey, you're 18 years old. never is a long, unwarranted over-reaction. please, worry about becoming the best damned engineer in the world & the rest will work itself out.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Just relax about it, you really need to take care of yourself, and get to love yourself to a point that it doesn't matter if you find someone or not...that's when you'll find someone.

It's probably the worst thing that can ever happen to you in your whole life. Your first love is gone. Which means you also have to give up childhhood & adolescent behaviours. It's the first day in the beginning of a whole new adventure, adulthood. No more having or wanting to rely on someone else. No more having the "support" that has always been there. No more comfort zone. No more reliance on things from the past. The future is now open, unencumbered & frightening. Be sad. Be mournful. Be upset. Cry. Get mad. Accept it & move on. It's probably the best thing to happen in your entire life.

Jeslek

Banned
Oh and Nixy, it really helps if you have a very, very close friend who you can share that with and just talk to. At least it was for me.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I have no very. very close friends. He was my very, very close friend.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Actually...He was probably planning on this for quite some time. Whatever you may think, men don't just drop someone at the spur of the moment any more than women do. It just seems that way to the person getting dumped. This can be a maturing experience for you, or a trip through hell. It's up to you. Go out, meet people, and go dancing. Do not try to find someone else. Do not try to start a new relationship. Just have fun. If you must go alone, by all means do so. Just don't accept drinks from strangers (unless you see the drink from the bar to your table with no interruptions.). ;)

kuulani

Everyone is giving you great advice, nix.

Holding on to a relationship just because you're scared to be alone is not a good thing. It's scary and lonely right now, but being single is not a bad thing. I was single throughout my college years, and I had a blast doing what I wanted to do. Someone will come along when the time is right and love you like how you should be loved. Don't settle for less than that.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I couldn't agree more, Kuu

I think I've told this before, but anyway, here it goes again. I'm on my second marriage, my first was to a woman that I wasn't in "love" with, we had sex a few times, and were having a good time, and she turned up pregnant. I "did the right thing" thinking that we would eventually come to love each other. It worked for almost nine years. We were really never meant for each other, and we both knew it, and it created a lot of resentment between us that lasts to this day. Both of us basically feel that we wasted those nine years.
Now, on to my second wife. Neither of us were looking for a relationship, we met through a friend of ours and soon became very good friends. There were many times where we would spend hours on the phone talking to each other, as well as a few times we spent the night at the other's house without so much as a kiss. We wouldn't dare, we were terrified that if either of us made a move, we would ruin our friendship. Of course that didn't last forever, but we retained our friendship, and the ability to talk. [rant] The one most important aspect of ANY relationship is the ability to talk, good or bad, with the other person.[/rant] My wife and I are not afraid to talk about anything, if one of us has pissed the other off, we tell em about it, if one of us has a bad day, we tell the other one about it. And of course, if one of us has done something we are grateful for, we tell the other one about it as well.

Jeslek

Banned
The one most important aspect of ANY relationship is the ability to talk, good or bad, with the other person.

Dude, that line is just dripping with wisdom. I can personally vouch for that. :) Very nicely said.

HomeLAN

Sorry, Nix.

Everyone else here is offering solid advice, so I won't repeat it. The only addition I'll make is this:

The only person Nixy needs to be cool with is Nixy.

Don't ever define yourself in terms of someone else's expectations and perceptions. This may be a good time to start learning that one. Once you've got that one down, you can start to really search for a lasting relationship.