Broken Heart

nalani

HomeLAN said:
The only person Nixy needs to be cool with is Nixy.

Don't ever define yourself in terms of someone else's expectations and perceptions. This may be a good time to start learning that one. Once you've got that one down, you can start to really search for a lasting relationship.

:headbang:

I couldn't agree more.

I'm sorry this happened to you Nixy .. the only thing I can offer is that life gets better - if you make it so. *hug*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thank You everybody.

PT the fact that we can talk about everything and are very comfortablew ith each other and are the best of friends (and both believe we will stay friends even if we're not together) is what makes it so hard sometimes because I think "if that's there why can't we be more".

I am doing much better now though. Thank you everyone!

greenfreak

...and another thing... if you didn't make friends with other people *because* you had Brain, don't make the same mistake again. I agree with everything that's been said here, and if you're comfortable with yourself alone, other people will see that. I think it's easier to make friends with people when you feel confident in yourself. I also think it's more appealing to the opposite sex when you are sure of yourself instead of appearing to be a co-dependant.

It sucks to be by yourself, especially after a breakup but you're looking for trouble if you go right out and try to find someone else. Find yourself instead, it will prepare you for a better long-term relationship in the future. I know this from experience. ) [/img]

kuulani

Nixy said:
PT the fact that we can talk about everything and are very comfortablew ith each other and are the best of friends (and both believe we will stay friends even if we're not together) is what makes it so hard sometimes because I think "if that's there why can't we be more".

*hugs nix*
sometimes men & women are just destined to be friends, with no romance mixed in *gasp* hard to believe, but true. :D

one of my bestest friends in the world is a guy, we talk about everything, he understands things my bf doesn't, but the attraction just isn't there.

Professur

I just wanna throw out that the missus and I broke up and got back together several times before settling down. We both agree that it was a good thing. It helped us realize how much we meant to each other, and gave us the room to explore other stuff. And when we got back together, we knew it was because we wanted to.

freako104

Nixy said:
I'm afraid I am never going to find anyone else ever.

Things like the fact that every other girl in engineering was getting hit on at our engineering day except me makes me think like that...

you will. were all here foir ya nixy. we wont leave ya when you need us. now i know its hard to get over something like this but well help ya and i promise youll find someone wholl love and hold you and will make you feel better. again im sorry and i know it hurts but were here for ya. tkae care.

freako104

i forgot to add to enjoy the single life. itll take sometime but belive me its fun when the pain goes away.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
LL: You are not single. I love living away from him, the feeling that he's not gonna be there in the future when I am ready to settle down is what bugs me. You have someone...

freako104

LastLegionary said:
Single live is cool. :) For the moment. Especially if you have close friends.

howd you know?? you have a gf. nixy are you still friends with him? i hope that dosnt hurt you that i asked.

Jeslek

Banned
OK fine, my girlfriend is in another country, and I haven't seen her in 2 years. We keep writing to each other, but we do "date" around casually, and I use that word with caution. I take girls to social occasions, but never fall in love. I consider myself single at this moment for the reason I have total freedom and can't see my girl every day.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm single and loving it. :D

Take the time to know yourself without a partner, and then when you find true love, the rewards will be greater than you can imagine. Of course, I don't know this from experience, I got it off of a fortune cookie years ago, but nonetheless it's good advice. :headbang:

Hang in there, Nixy, the pain will probably last for a while but you'll walk away from it better off.

halamikage

Nixy said:

:( sorry Nixy

Everyone has given you excellent advice. Advice that was given to me just a few weeks earlier by my group of friends here.
I recently got dumped by my man, one whom I cared very much for, for many years. We started off as really good friends and (what I think, now, was wrong) ventured into a relationship together. (Friends for 8 years, a couple for 3 mos.) We promised each other at the beginning of our relationship that we would be honest with each other and not compromise our friendship under any circumstances. My biggest problem with the whole thing (getting involved) was losing the great friendship that we already had. And although, prior to the relationship, we used to talk about everything and anything under the sun...being in the boyfriend/girlfriend status, just somehow got in the way of our being able to be the same friends that we started off as. (Not in my case, but his.) I'm sad that we lost that. I can't look at him in the face and not be totally pissed off at him, yet, feel so crappy because I'm feeling that way towards a friend whom I loved and still love (as a friend).
I feel you when you say that its hard because if we can stay friends, why can't we be more? I ask myself that everyday. I think I just wanted to be "the ONE" for him and he for me. Our promise to remain friends is still something that we're working on (at least I'm trying). Its hard on both our parts because he knows that he hurt me and I know that he's not in love with me. I think it also has a lot more to do with me accepting the fact that our relationship didn't work, move on and be happy that at least I still have him in my life as a friend.

Nixy, it takes time. :crying5: *offering a hug* I'm not totally over him and its been a month or so. Its okay to wallow, wallowing was good. Friends have been the best form of comfort for me. Just keep your chin up! :)

freako104

AlladinSane said:
Strange that people who say being single is good are the ones that aren't...

yea well those of us that are single may miss the emotions and intimaicy of being in a relationship. i for one miss having someone care about me that much which is why i miss being in one.

Cheer up, Nixy. There are other things in life besides relationships, like Flurffmeister™ Lovin', and good friends. Fortunately, I can give you both. C'mere :cool2:

kuulani

halamikage said:
Nixy, it takes time. :crying5: *offering a hug* I'm not totally over him and its been a month or so. Its okay to wallow, wallowing was good. Friends have been the best form of comfort for me. Just keep your chin up! :)

Wallow all you need, miks. Even though I love that jerk you dated as one of my good friends, I'm still willing to bitchslap him if you need me too :D

*:bitchslap: the jerky boyfriend aspect out of him*