buddies and heroes

catocom

child labor laws (LMAO) and minimum wage have nothing to do with our strategic position vs. china. who put those silly ideas in your head?
You are entitled to your opinion.
I personally believe those to be major 'factor' though.

2minkey

bootlicker
gee thanks. it is safe to assume that your personal belief as usual is not based on any kind of factual information you are able to provide?

Winky

wow ok good I thought these people had the power to make laws
I was worried there for a second that what they did mattered
Thx for clearing that up for me

2minkey

bootlicker
pussy.

i guess you're just like one of the millions that you allege will give up their guns as soon as uncle sugar comes calling huh?

Loofahs_BIG_Yellow_Belly_by_MCsaurus.jpg

catocom

gee thanks. it is safe to assume that your personal belief as usual is not based on any kind of factual information you are able to provide?
two words.....
"old people"
Talk to someone who lived it, back in the REAL depression era.
Ask them what kind of work kids had to help the family.
Hell go back 25 years and look at what manufacturing companies were in this country,
and the safety rules in place at that time.
Were we better off. Sure we didn't have iphones, but people seemed a lot happier when
it came to socializing.
They actually did it in person back then. Imagine that.

2minkey

bootlicker
two words.....
"old people"
Talk to someone who lived it, back in the REAL depression era.

i know more about depression-era work that you could ever imagine.

i am sure you are convinced that somehow things were better back then.

you're dead fucking wrong.

end transmission.

catocom

i know more about depression-era work that you could ever imagine.

i am sure you are convinced that somehow things were better back then.

you're dead fucking wrong.

end transmission.
no no no
you got the two eras mixed up.
I said 'some' things were better 25 years ago.
I don't thing hardly anything was better during the depression. but
it just shows younger people can work, and you can debate it, but I think it makes them
better natured people when they grow up.

2minkey

bootlicker
nobody is preventing younger people from working a reasonable amount. but they also need to not grow up to be dumbshits, meaning at least finish high school.

i had a paper route when i was 12-15 and then a succession of part-time jobs through high school and into college. i worked both part and full time over various stages of my university education. oh, yeah my GPA was 4.0.

work hard, get ahead. what's the problem?

catocom

nobody is preventing younger people from working a reasonable amount.
see that is the debate.
What is considered "reasonable".
As far as the school, that's a whole other debate.
It depends on what school, and what is taught.
There's kids graduating that can't even read and write.

Winky

twenty two bucks an hour pshaw
Mankxy get real
other than wankin' off what can you possibly do today without having to get government approval? Not to mention the idea that they have a right to an ever increasing percentage
of the 'fruits' of your labors. Yeah things were better when we didn't have government bureaucrats up our asses!

2minkey

bootlicker
twenty two bucks an hour pshaw
Mankxy get real
other than wankin' off what can you possibly do today without having to get government approval? Not to mention the idea that they have a right to an ever increasing percentage
of the 'fruits' of your labors. Yeah things were better when we didn't have government bureaucrats up our asses!

i can do pretty much whatever the fuck i want. you just gave up so long ago that your entire world is carceral. maybe time to cut the apron strings huh little buddy?

2minkey

bootlicker
see that is the debate.
What is considered "reasonable".
As far as the school, that's a whole other debate.
It depends on what school, and what is taught.
There's kids graduating that can't even read and write.

yeah it's just so nebulous i can't possibly understand it either. well, guess we should just give up trying to understand. OMG just too many variables!!!!

or perhaps you could USE GOOGLE and find examples of state laws that sound reasonable as well as examples of laws that seem unreasonable and then discuss. you can do it.

Winky

It is a well-established legal principle that individuals do not have a reasonable expectation of
privacy in information held by or disclosed to third parties.[1] Because internet and telecommunications
data is almost entirely held by electronic service providers, virtually any reasonable-expectation
analysis applied to information technology implicates the third-party doctrine.[2] Every time you access
a website, make a phone call, send a text message, use a debit card, tweet, poke someone on Facebook,
or find the nearest taco shop, you are sending and receiving data to a wide variety of third-parties.
[3] To illustrate, imagine a law student sitting in a coffee shop using the Chrome web browser to use
Yelp to look for taco shops. In performing this action, our theoretical law student may have sent data
to Yelp, Google, Facebook, Scorecardresearch.com, and a host of other websites.

Further, the data would have first have to be sent over the wireless network of the coffee shop,
then through the coffee shop’s ISP, then through any other ISPs necessary to reach these third parties’
servers. Further, Yelp may store its servers on a third party web-hosting service. If this law student
had performed this search on a smart phone, GPS data may have been transmitted to all of these parties.
[4] Because such data has been willingly shared with a variety of third parties,
the Third-Party doctrine logically applies to remove the warrant requirement for this data.