Bus driver refuses to drive bus with gay-themed ads

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by spike, Oct 19, 2006.

1. spike

spike New Member

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S19441.html?cat=1

2. Altron

Altron Well-Known Member

Do I think that the bus company should be forced to accomodate her? No.

Do I think that she should be able to politely request, and have that request honored? Yes.

3. Professur

Professur Well-Known Member

I think the union rep needs to remember who he's representing.

good on the bus company for excercising common sense.

4. SouthernN'Proud

SouthernN'Proud Southern Discomfort

Well I disagree. She oughta raise all the hell she can, just like every other offended asswipe does. Gays, Muslims, athiests, pipe bombers, serial killers, Demorats, tree huggers, baby rapers...all they seem to do is bitch and moan about everything a straight white right handed non-pot smoking Christian male does. Let 'em see how bad their own shit smells for a change. Betcha fifty bucks some dicksmoker will be "offended" and win a million bucks out of this. And the original offended party will be a pariah.

God bless America.

5. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

His pocketbook?

6. Professur

Which is filled by member's dues.

7. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

Just another in the long line of those who don't get it.

(and as Prof points out...)

8. Spirit

Spirit Kissy Goddess

I think that they handled it well by offering her any 25 of the 150 routes that don't have those ads. It's her perogative to not condone the placement of those ads. HOWEVER, I think that if she is so against it, why isn't she taking the whole Company to task over the fact that even one bus has the ad? She's a hypocrite, that's why.

(I am not against the ad - but it sounds ridiculous... *Unleash the inner gay*??? Oh brother...)

9. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

yeah let 'em piss and moan like a bunch of mediocre, middle-aged, right-handed, straight, and decreasingly relevant social laggards looking for something to complain about.

10. unclehobart

unclehobart New Member

It would probably be downright illegal to refuse the ad on civil rights grounds.

11. Gonz

She probably is but she's powerless to stop it. She could quit, however.

12. Spirit

Spirit Kissy Goddess

Exactly. So the fact that she doesn't, tells me she's just being an ass.

13. Professur

Are you kidding? Do you have the slightest clue how much money a bus driver makes? I'd saw off my left testicle to make what she probably does in a year.

14. Gonz

There are other jobs. However, at this one she has union thugs backing her up to call the company names while driving their busses.

15. Spirit

Spirit Kissy Goddess

Hmm.. so her religious beliefs can be bought. How raw.

16. Gato_Solo

Gato_Solo Out-freaking-standing OTC member

So...she's an ass because she said she won't drive a bus with gay ads, because she's intolerant (in your eyes), or because she won't quit her job? I'm kinda confused as to where you're going with this...

17. SouthernN'Proud

SouthernN'Proud Southern Discomfort

I unleashed my inner gay years ago, and promptly kicked its pansy ass.

18. Spirit

Spirit Kissy Goddess

She won't drive a bus that has gay ads because it's against her religious beliefs, right? But it's ok for her to work for a company that condones the displaying of such ads. You don't see any hypocrisy in this?

19. rrfield

rrfield New Member

this thread is totally gay

20. Professur

Actually .. no. She's not forcing her beliefs on others.