"But why, Daddy?""Because I said so."

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Do you believe, as a parent, that you have to explain the reason for a *NO to your kids? Personally, I do.
For example: a little girl says, “Daddy, can I put on this new nail polish”
and he says, “No.” she really wants to and opens the bottle to look at the color. He gets annoyed and says, “I said NO, now put the lid back on”
“But, why, Daddy?”
“Because I said so.”

His reason was because she had put on some nail polish earlier on in the day and *once a day was enough*.

No explanation was given to the girl.

I think this is wrong.

What’s your opinion? On that and other scenario’s…

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That I have to??? Absolutely not. Given situations & time, we usually will but he has been told more than once "Because I said so"

IDLEchild

In certain cases yes and certain no. One case where one musn't freak out and yell at the child is when a a little one is touching him/herself (yes, they do it...childern are very sexual but not in the perverted sense)at a young age. Scaring the kid away from that is harmful to their psyche. Same with if they ever catch you doing it...do not scare them off and give them a negative image of sex.

You'd be surprised many times how calm and collective behavior will bring a kid around.

tonksy

Re:

IDLEchild said:
In certain cases yes and certain no. One case where one musn't freak out and yell at the child is when a a little one is touching him/herself (yes, they do it...childern are very sexual but not in the perverted sense)at a young age. Scaring the kid away from that is harmful to their psyche. Same with if they ever catch you doing it...do not scare them off and give them a negative image of sex.

You'd be surprised many times how calm and collective behavior will bring a kid around.
i plan on sending them to the bathroom when this occurs...but it hasn't really yet.

Camelyn

Re:

tonksy said:
i plan on sending them to the bathroom when this occurs...but it hasn't really yet.

"Honey? I know that it feels good to do that, but touching like that is something that you should do when you are alone, like at night in your bedroom, for example. Just like when we need to pee we go to the bathroom by ourselves and close the door"

At least that's what I said :shrug:

tonksy

Re:

Camelyn said:
"Honey? I know that it feels good to do that, but touching like that is something that you should do when you are alone, like at night in your bedroom, for example. Just like when we need to pee we go to the bathroom by ourselves and close the door"

At least that's what I said :shrug:
exactly. :D...and i was thinking...maybe my bathroom idea isn't so hot...i mean i do have 2 girls and if they both decided to scamper off to the bathroom at the same time i might end up peeing in the bushes or summit :shrug:

Inkara1

Re:

How many bathrooms does the house you're in have? If I remember it right, it's more than two.

Inkara1

Re:

It must be fun keeping all four of them clean. I've only got one and I have a hard enough time keeping it clean.

tonksy

Re:

Inkara1 said:
It must be fun keeping all four of them clean. I've only got one and I have a hard enough time keeping it clean.
i only concern myself with 3 of them (the other is the roomies in the basements) and one of those 3 is not much in use...hence i forgot about them and only counted the 2 that see action.

Inkara1

Re:

Well, I guess if my toilet were to suddenly turn into old faithful, I could fall back on the little half-bath by the pool in my apartment complex. Nifty little easter egg, that half-bath is.

tonksy

Re:

Inkara1 said:
Well, I guess if my toilet were to suddenly turn into old faithful, I could fall back on the little half-bath by the pool in my apartment complex. Nifty little easter egg, that half-bath is.
a bathroom by a pool? watch your step...sounds like a choice spot for deviant activity.

Inkara1

Re:

It's about the size of a hallway closet. There's barely enough room to turn around from the toilet to wash your hands. The two people in there would have to be either really acrobatic, or really skinny.

tonksy

Re:

Inkara1 said:
It's about the size of a hallway closet. There's barely enough room to turn around from the toilet to wash your hands. The two people in there would have to be either really acrobatic, or really skinny.
or really horny...or really 14. :shrug: just keep your eye out for random moisture :D

Inkara1

Re:

tonksy said:
or really 14. :shrug:
The ex's cousin didn't need the bathroom for that. She and her BF did it on our patio, on a fold-up chair. I didn't know about it until the next day... but the stains were evidence enough.

I should point out that my apt. complex is on a major street, and my apartment is right out front.

I'd sure be interested to know exactly what shit really went down here when I was asleep.