"But why, Daddy?""Because I said so."

tonksy

Re:

Inkara1 said:
The ex's cousin didn't need the bathroom for that. She and her BF did it on our patio, on a fold-up chair. I didn't know about it until the next day... but the stains were evidence enough.

I should point out that my apt. complex is on a major street, and my apartment is right out front.

I'd sure be interested to know exactly what shit really went down here when I was asleep.
eeew...might be best for you not to know....a fold up chair? were they tiny folk? i'd imagine keeping the thing from collapsing in sexual exuberance would be a trick.

Inkara1

Re:

They weren't that big but not that tiny either. I'm not sure how they did it, since I was trying to get some sleep seeing as how I was actually employed back then.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Re:

I give my kids a reason if I think they deserve it. Now, when my kids come to me and want to go walking around town at 9:30 at night and I say no and they ask why.... they usually get told becuase I'm a hardass old sonofabitch and I said no.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Re:

Camelyn said:
"Honey? I know that it feels good to do that, but touching like that is something that you should do when you are alone, like at night in your bedroom, for example. Just like when we need to pee we go to the bathroom by ourselves and close the door"

At least that's what I said :shrug:
:clap:

WELLDONE!

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Re:

Camelyn said:
"Honey? I know that it feels good to do that, but touching like that is something that you should do when you are alone, like at night in your bedroom, for example. Just like when we need to pee we go to the bathroom by ourselves and close the door"

At least that's what I said :shrug:

:retard: We're supposed to go to the bathroom to pee?

:blush:

Rose

Re:

PuterTutor said:
I give my kids a reason if I think they deserve it. Now, when my kids come to me and want to go walking around town at 9:30 at night and I say no and they ask why.... they usually get told becuase I'm a hardass old sonofabitch and I said no.

Worked for my dad.

I don't have kids yet, but I believe that children should be given reasons, talked to more often. My neighbors in my apartment building are always screaming - the little 3 year old girl with a pacifier screams the dad yells right back at her. He's always yelling at the kids. If he started talking to them, they'd probably behave a little better.

But I also believe in a healthy dose of "because I said so" ... you gotta reaffirm you are their parent and your word is law (in instances).

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
You can't explain everything, and sometimes that's the best answer. As your children grow, however, you should explain the why and how. Just keep it on their level, so they will be sure to understand...

light.gif

A.B.Normal

Re:

Gato_Solo said:
You can't explain everything, and sometimes that's the best answer. As your children grow, however, you should explain the why and how. Just keep it on their level, so they will be sure to understand...

light.gif

:rofl4:

Starya

Re:

I usually explain to my son "why" when he can't have his way. However, I have also informed him that sometimes he's just gonna have to do what I say no questions asked. Sometimes there's no time for discussion, and some times my swiss cheese brain just won't let me think beyond the 'yes' and 'no's..

Professur

Now that I reread that, I would like to offer the opportunity for you to piss off.

*grumble**grumble*

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
Now that I reread that I would like to offer the correction that I have 5 bathrooms... not 4.

:shrug: I just did it for the 'Calvin and Hobbes' comics. :grinyes:

unclehobart

Professur said:
Now that I reread that, I would like to offer the opportunity for you to piss off.

*grumble**grumble*
My utility bills in the dead of winter are doing a fine enough job of telling me to piss off.

ClaireBear

Banned
IDLEchild said:
In certain cases yes and certain no. One case where one musn't freak out and yell at the child is when a a little one is touching him/herself (yes, they do it...childern are very sexual but not in the perverted sense)at a young age. Scaring the kid away from that is harmful to their psyche. Same with if they ever catch you doing it...do not scare them off and give them a negative image of sex.

You'd be surprised many times how calm and collective behavior will bring a kid around.

Reminds me of the story of a friend of my Mum's who was attending a funeral with her then 5 year old son (he's now 31)...

Apparently my Mum's friend's son had his hands "in his pockets" through out the sermon, so much so the other morners were begining to take an interest, so as the oragan played... a "noisey" moment... the mother could take no more... turned to her son and said exasperatedly

"Will you stop playing with your tail!!!!!"

...Just as the organist stopped playing!

Our boy is the proud father of three today so I doubt that had much of a detrimental effect sexually.

Gato_Solo

ClaireBear said:
"Will you stop playing with your tail!!!!!"

...Just as the organist stopped playing!

Our boy is the proud father of three today so I doubt that had much of a detrimental effect sexually.

Blurfle (bler' ful) - v. To be caught talking at the top of one's lungs when the music at the bar or disco suddenly stops.

Guess we can add 'church' to the list as well... :D