Can you say...

catocom

Nope...what I'm saying is that they aren't purposefully hiding behind pedestrians.... but there's no place that they can go where there aren't any pedestrians.... except school yards, and large parking lots like you'd find near hospitals and large malls.

I don't believe that, when they haven't denounced suicide bombers.

MrBishop

I don't believe that, when they haven't denounced suicide bombers.
Whole other story. If someone becomes a suicide bomber, they become martyred.
If you're putting someone else's kids in harm's way, you're not likely to keep the local support that you need to thrive politically.

Right now, the 1000+ deaths in Palestine are considered a fair loss in comparison to how many people die daily if the blockade continues.

That may very well change...but at the moment, it's not enough to start a public revolt against Hamas.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
what I'm saying is that they aren't purposefully hiding behind pedestrians.... .

Ah, c'mon Bish, you know better than that. No better propaganda tool than dead 3 year old & her mother. If Hamas, or any Palestinian pol or ally gave a rats ass for these people, there'd be peace. They are tools of the Arabs, nothing more. They've been a thorn in their side for generations & there's no better use for them than this.

catocom

Whole other story. If someone becomes a suicide bomber, they become martyred.
If you're putting someone else's kids in harm's way, you're not likely to keep the local support that you need to thrive politically.

Right now, the 1000+ deaths in Palestine are considered a fair loss in comparison to how many people die daily if the blockade continues.

That may very well change...but at the moment, it's not enough to start a public revolt against Hamas.

I don't think so. It goes to the mindset.

spike

Ah, c'mon Bish, you know better than that. No better propaganda tool than dead 3 year old & her mother. If Hamas, or any Palestinian pol or ally gave a rats ass for these people, there'd be peace. They are tools of the Arabs, nothing more. They've been a thorn in their side for generations & there's no better use for them than this.

Completely false statements there.

Oh, and here's another country helping out.

"KUWAIT CITY – A day after fighting stopped in the Gaza Strip, Saudi Arabia's king warned Israel on Monday that an Arab peace initiative won't remain on the table forever.

Arab countries have split in two camps over the crisis — one supporting Hamas' hard-liners, the other hoping to lure the Palestinian militant group toward more moderation.

But Saudi King Abdullah urged Arab countries to end that rift during an Arab economic summit in Kuwait. He blamed Israel for the Gaza crisis, while pledging $1 billion to rebuild the coastal strip, and invited the leaders of Egypt, Qatar and Syria to lunch after the meeting's opening session.

"Israel has to understand that the choice between war and peace will not always stay open and that the Arab peace initiative that is on the table today will not stay on the table," Abdullah said during a speech at the summit.

It was Abdullah's first comments since Israel and Hamas declared a fragile cease-fire to halt three weeks of combat in Gaza that killed more than 1,250 Palestinians and 13 Israelis.

The Arab peace initiative — first proposed by Saudi Arabia in 2002 and relaunched in March 2007 — offers Israel collective Arab recognition in exchange for Israeli withdrawal from territory it occupied during the 1967 Mideast war, the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital and a just solution to the problem of Palestinian refugees.

Israel initially rejected the initiative in 2002, but in the past year has said it could be a starting point for discussions."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_diplomacy

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
offers Israel collective Arab recognition in exchange for Israeli withdrawal from territory it occupied during the 1967 Mideast war, the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital and a just solution to the problem of Palestinian refugees.

I bet Carter can help....just like last time

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Think back...what former President, who likes hammers, tried & failed to create peace?

spike

Amny presidents have been involved in negotiations for peace. But the idea here is that your comment was useless to the conversation.

MrBishop

israelpalestinianbabywajw0.gif
Quid pro quo
combat_boots.jpg