Canada to legalize marijuana?

Should Canada legalize marijuana?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

sbcanada

There is some review panel that is looking into it, and it is possible that "pot" may become legal to everyone in Canada.

What do you think about this issue?

ris

i don't know about canada but i looks like the uk is likely to reduce the class for marijuana from b to c. it still makes it technically illegal but the idea is to reduce police emphasis on it and onto tackling harder drugs, and it would open the way to things like pot-cafes amsterdam style.

similar approached to the drug [decriminalisation / legalisation] have happened recently in italy, spain, portugal and belguim i believe.

G

I am going to take an unpopular stance. I don't like the smell of dope and don't want anyone near me that smokes it. I grew up with people always trying to push it off on me, and I refused them every time. That's right, I never tried it. I don't want it anywhere near me.

sbcanada

I don't think it should be legalized either. Then way more people would do it, and we'd be a country full of a bunch of buzzed druglords. :eek:

Oh yeah, we already are! :rofl2:

Originally posted by sbcanada
I don't think it should be legalized either. Then way more people would do it, and we'd be a country full of a bunch of buzzed druglords. :eek:

Oh yeah, we already are! :rofl2:

i think you got druglords and potheads mixed up ;)

kuulani

The people that really want to use weed, do so already. Making it legal might cause more people to use it initially, but I don't think that trend will stay that way. Lots of people try it a few times and stop using.

Also, if its legal, it'll take the fun away for those using it who are trying to be rebellious. Just like its illegal to drink in the US 'til you're 21. A lot of the people I know drink pre-21, and upon hitting 21, they go nuts buying alcohol 'cause they can, and then after awhile slow down.

ris

one of the main reasons for decriminalisation or legalisation of marijuana is that the sale or purchase of the drug would be more open, and thus pressure from some dealers to try harder drugs might reduce, and as a result addictions to class a drugs.

i'm neither in favour or opposed, although recent scientific evidence seems to indicate that pot is a less harmful or dangerous drug than both alcohol and tobacco. possible long-term mental effects are still unconfirmed.

soniclos

I know quite few long time users. They are toasted, baked, whatever you want to call it. But they also have used many many many other drugs too, so the data is tainted.

But i think Pot should still be legal, and treated in the same sense as liqour and tobacco.

1 other thing is i have never been in a fight when stoned (unless you count when the taco bell guy didn't give me more hot suace), but i have been in many when drunk.

ris

that's something i've heard of from many quarters, i remember a comedian about 10 years ago saying that a stoned fight would be a non-starter

hey! you! whaddaya think your, your, err..... look, crisps!
D

but more seriously the dutch police promoted the use of marijuana to england football [soccer] supporters at the european football championships in 2000, when the matches were in holland. the advice seemed to work as violent clashes were pretty much eliiminated.

G

I will tell you why I don't want Canada to legalize it. If it were to become legal in Canada, there would be no way to keep it out of the US. People would cross the border in droves bringing it back. As it is, most people have to go find a dealer to get it. If it were legal in Canada everybody would become a supplier. The whole country would be flooded with that shit.

I don't like the smell of it, and I don't like watching people smoke it in front of their kids. I once went to a guys house and he lit up a joint in front of me. He then proceeded to hit his 5 year old son in the privates because the kid tried to talk to me. I never went back there again or had anything to do with the guy. That whole thing disgusted the hell out of me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Marijuana should be legal everywhere. Taxed too. I don't know of any violent pot smokers, unlike alcohol.

Of course, I think all drugs should be legal. There should be a law that reads "DNR-If overdose is due to recreational drugs" Pot smokers don't od & it'll thin the welfare herds. :cool:

love the joke ris

kuulani

Originally posted by s4
I don't like the smell of it, and I don't like watching people smoke it in front of their kids. I once went to a guys house and he lit up a joint in front of me. He then proceeded to hit his 5 year old son in the privates because the kid tried to talk to me. I never went back there again or had anything to do with the guy. That whole thing disgusted the hell out of me.

:eek: Is that because that's how the guy acts normally, or because he was already on something other than pot? :eek:

kuulani

Originally posted by Gonz
Marijuana should be legal everywhere. Taxed too. I don't know of any violent pot smokers, unlike alcohol.

The hard part of taxing marijuana is that it is easy to grow, so people can grow their own.

If there was a way to effectively tax it, it would be guaranteed that all governments would've legalized it by now.

equinoxe3d

With the $h1t the companies are putting in tobacco smokes now, the marijuana seems nearly less dangerous, and the tobacco smell irritates me way more than marijuana (i never smoked any between the both btw).

I don't say mari should be legalized, as I have mixed opinions about that, but I just can't understand that some people, who can tolerate smoking asphalt and cyanide says that marijuana should never be legalized.

Just my 2 cents...

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I feel the same way about the smell... that is, I find tobacco to be much more offensive than mary jane. I don't smoke either, never have, but people smoking pot don't bother me at all. They're quite fun to be around. :D

On the other hand, I just can't stand to be around smokers. Kills my sinuses. :(

MuFu

In Whistler you get 100% baked hoseheads hangin out in the snowboard park and all they ever say is...

"Dude, that was FUCKING SICK!".

A tribute to their country, every last one of them... :D

And yeah, sb. Druggies and potheads aren't the same thing. :p

MuFu.